Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Mon Chéri Essentials - Le Fleur de Lis (The Lily Collection)

" The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved." - Mon Chéri

Mon Chéri is a brand originating from the French heritage that have both passion and enthusiasm on true, natural beauty, MON CHÉRI inspires people to live comfortably in their own skin and embrace the timeless natural beauty of oneself.

I first found out about this brand when I stumbled upon their Facebook and Website, there was a complimentary Mon Chéri Skincare Collection sample upon sign up, so I requested one for my combination skin.

Then one fine day, I received this super cute cardboard package from Mon Chéri.
Inside the cardboard package, there's a little transparent box which contains all the samples for my combination skin.

Gasp! This has got to be the cutest sample I'd ever received, hehehe.


There's even a small card with the quote "The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved.” The perfect quote to read to oneself every morning, lolz.


There's also a pamphlet on various types of skincare, mine is of course for Normal to Combination Skin.

Gentle Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer are included in the sample set.


Both the gentle cleanser and toner bottles have small nozzles opening for easy pouring.
The Mon Chéri gentle cleanser is enriched with botanical extracts, oil control serum and mild surfactant. While removing dirt, oil and other impurities from the skin effectively, it helps in improving the overall skin appearance, texture and firmness.

The cleanser is definitely gentle on my sensitive skin, it doesn't leave a tight feeling after using it.


The Mon Chéri toner contains herbal blends and natural astringents that help remove impurities and refine pore after cleansing. It is a gentle exfoliator that helps in removing impurities and soothes irritated skin. With the presence of botanical extracts, it helps in preserving the skin’s firm texture and reduces wrinkles.

I really like this toner as it keeps my skin fresh and oil free for quite a while. Plus it doesn't sting my sensitive skin.


The Mon Chéri moisturizer  contains botanical ingredients with several moisturising agents, anti-oxidants and vitamins. This helps in maintaining the skin’s suppleness, increasing moisture level and at the same time repairing the skin’s cell tissue, while preventing anti-aging skin conditions. It is nourished with vitamins and agents to leave the skin feeling smooth and hydrated.


Though it may look heavy and creamy, it absorbs quite well on my skin, leaving none of those oily, greasy and heavy feel.


Overall this is a really great skincare brand to try out especially if you're into natural skincare. Not only do they cater to different skincare types and needs, their whole packaging is also to die for, lol. I really love the whole vintage vibe of Mon Chéri, it reminds me of retro, classic French era.

If you're curious about this brand and would love to know more about them, do check out their website and facebook for more information on Mon Chéri : )



Comments

Popular Posts