Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Bag Of Love - DR.WU (Intensive Renewal Toner with Mandelic Acid & Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid)

Beauty box is quite famous nowadays but I never thought of subscribing one, mainly because I already have a lot of beauty samples back at home, hehehe. But when I accidentally stumbled upon Bag Of Love, I decided to subscribe the July/August bag, mainly because I was attracted at the bag, an organic cotton Levis bag which is originally meant to be a Bento bag. Since I'm in Sabah, the subscription cost me RM39.90 + RM8 (postage), which I think is a total bargain. 

Here's what I got inside the bag :
1. Nano White Clarifying Cleansing Milk
2. O'slee Aqua Medi Refreshing Hydro Cream
3. Follow Me Sence Body Mist (Full Size)
4. TruDtox (1 Sacket)
5. DR.WU Intensive Renewal Toner with Mandelic Acid 
    DR.WU Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid
6. Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo/Conditioner/Treatment/Daily Repair
7. Bioderma Sensibio H20
8. Aveda, Make up For Ever,Plincco (Voucher)

Pheww...That's definitely way more than I'd expected. I was too busy oogling the Levis bag I didn't even bother with the contents when I first decided to subsribe it, lolz.

For this post, I'll be reviewing my fave items from the bag, which are DR.WU Intensive Renewal Toner with Mandelic Acid & DR.WU Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid.

But first let me show you how lovely this Levis bag is......




Yup.Definitely a Bento bag : )


Dr Wu is Taiwan's No.1 Clinical Skincare, but skin exfoliation is something that I have always been wary off mainly because I have sensitive skin and I'm not too fond of having flare ups due to chemical peeling.

But DR.WU (Intensive Renewal Toner with Mandelic Acid & Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid) is specially cater for those with sensitive skin. So I decided to go ahead and tried it.



From Dr Wu's Website, it stated Dr Wu Intensive Renewal Toner With Mandelic Acid is a revolutionary Derma-Cells Renewal Technology that can refine skin texture, diminish fine lines and improves skin elasticity and firmness. Its main active ingredient, Mandelic Acid, can effectively improve skin tone by resurfacing epidermis and removing aged layers. Formula also contains Tinocare GL, Oceagen and Biophytex, which can be easily absorbed by the skin to facilitate hydration, and reduce dark spots and freckles, therefore to make skin brighter and more clear.


The toner has a watery texture, it doesn't have any noticeable scent and surprisingly it doesn't irritate my skin.

Dr Wu Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18% is a revolutionary home spa facial treatment using several patented technologies and ingredients to refine skin texture, diminish fine lines and improves skin elasticity and firmness. It contains Mandelic Acid 18%, which is used in Chemical Peeling procedures, to effectively diminish the appearance of fine lines and stimulate the skin desquamation process to achieve a smoother and brighter skin, even improves skin tone by resurfacing epidermis and removing aged layers. Formula also contains Sodium Hyaluronate, Tinocare GL and Biophytex which can be easily absorbed by the skin to facilitate hydration, and reduce dark spots and freckles, therefore to make skin brighter and more clear.


The 1st time I apply this on my skin, I wasn't too fond of it, the serum is a bit oily and has a chemical scent.It also came in a small bottle that looks a lot like my eardrops, complete with a dropper, lolz. 



But fast forward to a few weeks later, I love how these 2 products transform my dull, blackheads and pigmentation infested skin into smooth, glowing skin. My lovely pigmentation on my upper cheeks became less noticeable and blackheads became lesser as I can easily squeeze them off the next morning after these the night before. The oily feeling after applying the serum on my skin disappear after using it for a while, so this serum might need some time for your skin to get used to. For the serum, I used it 3x times a week. For the toner, I used it daily but only at night before bed, since I'm a little worried about over exfoliating my skin.

If you have sensitive skin but is quite keen on trying out chemical peeling, do try these as they're quite mild and doesn't irritate the skin. For those who love trying out different brands of beauty product, do check out Bag Of Love, they're definitely affordable and comes in different bags bimonthly.



Comments

Popular Posts