Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Lolita Lempicka EDT

I first stumbled upon a Lolita Lempicka ad during the late 90s, when I was flipping through a magazine. The fairy-tale like, apple shaped bottle really pique my interest and I always wonder if the scent is as beautiful as it's bottle?

Some people love to have their own signature scent, that includes me. I rarely stray from my usual choice of perfume. But I find my current Fancy Love perfume to be lacking in strength and doesn't last long on my skin, either my body chemistry has changed and it no longer suits me or it's been reformulated, sigh......

One fine day, while cleaning out all of my old stuffs from my room, I found a pretty birthday card from an old friend, it's a handmade collage card that has all these cutesy designs that's supposed to depict me, and one of them is a picture of Lolita Lempicka perfume, because apparently it sounds a lot like my name... Perhaps I should try it? lol.  

Lolita Lempicka is not a perfume brand that I would easily come across in beauty counters and shopping malls here. The fact that it was first released in 1997 makes it even harder to look for. There's actually a new version of Lolita Lempicka named Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum, but first I wanted to try out this EDT version. 


Thanks to all the latest online shopping websites, I was able to browse through various choices of Lolita Lempicka perfumes, I finally decided to try on the mini 5ml bottle, which has the exact same bottle design as the regular bottle, it's cute and eye catching. I thought if the scent really doesn't suits me, at least it'll still look pretty on my vanity table.

Lolita Lempicka Eau de Toilette 5ml

Top Notes 
Apricot, Cherry, Lemon

Middle Notes 
Iris, Jasmine Sambac

Base Notes 
Musk, Incense, Violet



At first whiff, it reminds me of the air after a stormy rain, a damp earthy scent that reminds me of the woods near my home. The scent is unusual and something that I have never smelt before. It's herbaceous, woody and smokey at the same time. The perfume ad for Lolita Lempicka is spot on, as it does have a fairy, wood nymph vibe to it. The fruity notes in this perfume are not quite noticeable on my skin, though I did get a hint of apricot at first spray, the most dominant notes on me are the floral notes, Violet and Iris. There's a faint musky, powdery hint towards the drydown, which I really love. It's a scent that I would associate with someone a little bit gothic and a little bit mysterious. 



This is a scent that stays close to the skin,  it has a mild sillage, it's only noticeable if someone is standing close to you so it doesn't feel cloying at all. The only downside is it doesn't stay too long on my skin. It's a light scent and I need to re-apply it as the scent disappear after a few hours on me. 

Overall, it's perfect for those who prefer a unique clean, woody scent that's light, green, smokey and powdery at the same time. Since this is an unusual scent that may be a hit or miss for some, do get the tester or sample vials before committing to a whole big bottle, as everyone has different body chemistry that may react differently to each perfume. 




As for me, I'll try the EDP version once this ran out as this feels a little too light on me. Nevertheless I do find it to be beautiful, though a light and fleeting scent. 







Comments

Popular Posts