Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Lolita Lempicka

When it comes to perfume, one of my favourite perfume brand is Lolita Lempicka. The first perfume by Lolita Lempicka was created by Annick Menardo in 1997, but sadly it has been discontinued in 2010 and later re-released as Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum. 

In hopes of getting the original version of Lolita Lempicka, I've been diligently searching for a bottle of the older formulation, but Lolita Lempicka has indeed become quite rare and I haven't been able to get my hands on the original version. I ended up purchasing a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum from a friendly Carousell seller, who's selling off some of her older perfume collection. I decided to snag it, just to get a whiff of the newer version, and of course to complete my Lolita Lempicka collection.


Top Notes 
Ivy leaf, Pineapple, Lemon, Rosewood, Sour Cherry, Anise

Middle Notes 
Lily of the valley, Rose, Jasmine, Iris, Violet, Licorice

Base Notes 
Sweet Almond, Heliotrope, Vetiver, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Praline


At first whiff, it's sweet and herbacious, with a hint of dusty note. On my skin, violets, cherry and ivy seem to dominate the whole scent. It conjures images of wood nymphs frolicking in a deep, dark forest, eating cherries and picking violets along the way, while the scent of earthy moss lingers in the air after the rain.

It's a unique scent that depends a lot on skin chemistry, which is why I would never recommend blind buying this without testing them out first. Others have mention on how it smell harsh and medicinal. Luckily, it's compatible with my skin chemisty and all I get is a lovely cloud of comforting scent.

I get a delicious whiff of creamy vanilla and sugared almonds as it dries down. It stays close to the skin, though it never fails to garner a few compliments along the way.  


The main reason I'm in love with this scent is the fact that the drydown doesn't smell perfumy at all. It's soft, powdery and smell almost like a skin scent. It melts with your skin, leaving behind a veil of soft, cozy scent that's sweet and comforting.


The bottle has the same design as the original, with gold ivy leaves adorning the bottle. The stem uniquely works as the perfume stopper.


In my opinion, Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum seems to have been reformulated to be a milder version of the original Lolita Lempicka. The original is a little  more darker and mysterious. The difference is quite subtle though and I do love both versions, however I much prefer the original as it has better lasting power.


Comments

  1. This is just amazing. Thanks for sharing lovely post.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been searching thr old version as well but didnt have any luck. The price has gone up to the roof. Wish they could bring the old.
    one back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the older version is much more magical. I'll probably check out the other flankers as well if I'm lucky enough to find one that has an affordable price 😊

      Delete
  3. I generally want quality content and this thing I found in your article. It is beneficial and significant for us. Keep sharing these kinds of articles, Thank you.Buy Susie Perfume Canvas Print

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite perfume of all the perfumes I bought. I am saddened that it's no longer available I however was able to buy it off eBay I paid $145 for it 100 ml! And it's worth every penny it came all the way from Lithuania! I love this perfume so much. The reason why they changed it it's because it went vegan it no longer uses the animal musk that's what kept the fragrance on you for more hours than the new one that came out. I wish you all the best and trying to find it but you'll pay a pretty penny for it but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you're able to bought it from ebay, it's definitely much pricier these days and so hard to find. Thanks for the info too, that explains the lasting-ness of the newer version and a lot of my other perfumes that were reformulated 😁

      Delete
  5. Hi there, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up! Thank You for Providing Such a Unique and valuable information, If you are looking for the best Korean Products For Dry Skin, then visit Skinflair Beautyshop Ltd. I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts