Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask

A few years back, I had really bad oily skin, with the occasional pimples that seems to pop out of nowhere. Back then, Korean skincare was still new to me, but I'd been hearing rave reviews on them. Their super cute packaging is another thing that caught my eyes and it doesn't take long before I decided to try out from different types of Korean brands.

The 1st Korean skincare brand that I'd tried is The Face Shop. I'd bought tons of their products as it really works well on my skin. One of my favourite product from them is The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask

I first tried it in 2012, I'd tried lots of sleeping mask but I kept going back to this. Luckily this time, I didn't need to purchase it as I managed to win myself a bottle from a contest by their FB Fanpage. Lol lucky again.


The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask ( RM99)

This product comes in 100 ml bottle and has a life shelf of 12 months. 1 bottle last me quite a long time, as I only used it 3 times per week. It's suitable to be used on all skin types.


Texture wise, it's gel like with a watery consistency, feels very light on the skin, a bit like essence and definitely not greasy and thick. 


I woke up the next day without the usual oil slick on my face. If you have oily/combination skin, this is a great product for you as it doesn't clogged my skin unlike other sleeping mask that may be a bit thicker and heavier in terms of texture. It leaves my skin looking more radiant and dewy.


Overall, it works well in tightening my pores and keeping it hydrated at the same time. But relying solely on this product won't work 100%, a bit more effort needs to be done, such as exfoliating and using deep cleansing mask for at least once a week. I used to skip exfoliating due to laziness and it does affect the overall performance for this sleeping mask.

So, don't be lazy and never skip any deep cleansing/exfoliating before slathering this on. It actually took more than a month before I start noticing any immediate effects. But by far this is still my fave sleeping mask since 2012 : )

P.S : I love how all the price for The Face Shop products stays consistently the same all over these years, even after the GST implementation. Thumbs up The Face Shop! 

Comments

Popular Posts