Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Nightmare Before Christmas & The Corpse Bride

It's 2017! Happy New Year and I still haven't post our pictures from last year's Halloween photo shoot, lol. So here's some of the pictures with me cosplaying as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas & Irene as Emily from The Corpse Bride.

Both of us are big fans of Tim Burton and we had a super fun time painting ourselves blue for these 2 characters.  The whole face and body painting took us over 2 hours to finish. But we didn't managed to paint ourselves as perfect as we would love to since our schedule was a little hectic that day, we even end up rubbing ourselves in blue paint to speed up the process, it feels almost like rubbing our favourite lotion, but with blue tinted colour, lol. 

It's super obvious I didn't managed to cover my neck thoroughly with the blue paint, I even forgot to draw the stitches on my neck, oh well....


Sally is my favourite character out of all the characters from Tim Burton movies. I'd watched this movies for countless time and it's one of my favourite halloween/christmas movies. This dress that I wore was made by Irene, she hand painted the details on the dress and it looks a lot like Sally's dress in the movie. It also fits me like a glove, which is a miracle since I'd gain some weight since the last time she took my measurements. Hahaha too much KFC for me.


Irene's wedding dress was borrowed from my mom's old collection. We gave her quite the scare when we came out looking blue, not exactly the look she's hoping to see, lol.


Emily from Corpse Bride is the tragic heroine that meets her untimely death after the subject of her affection killed her. A tragic story needs a sad looking Irene pretending to play the piano, or in this case, a keyboard .... lol



This looks a lot like a wedding pic between a bride and a her bridesmaid. Or in this case, a living corpse bride and a humanoid ragdoll bridesmaid, I think we'd given my mom nightmares after seeing us with blue skin, but I do believe we look so much better in blue, hahaha.

*The blue face & body paint that we used is this little tube from Craft Haven, we only used half of it as the colour is very pigmented. We should have add some white into it, but we didn't & that's the reason why we ended up looking like Avatar, lol, but the colour was edited in these pictures, so we ended up looking much lighter.



Comments

Popular Posts