Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Taylor By Taylor Swift

  1. Taylor by Taylor Swift was released in 2013 and this perfume reflects more of her own personal style, unlike her 2 previous fairytale inspired releases Wonderstruck & Wonderstruck Enchanted, which I personally think are more sweeter and more youthful.

My all time favourite scent has always been Jessica Simpson's Fancy Love , but it doesn't last as long as it used to ever since they reformulated it. Prior to this, I'd tried out Burberry Women, which shares the same peaches & cream drydown as Fancy Love. Though I do love it, the lasting power is even weaker than Fancy Love, which then leads to me trying out Taylor which is said to share the same drydown as Fancy Love & Burberry Women. 

  1. I love the bottle design for Taylor. It's vintage inspired with a psychedelic design, complete with a classic string of faux pearl at the neck of the spray nozzle.


  1. Top Notes
    • Lychee, 
    • Tangerine, 
    • Magnolia
  2. Heart Notes
    • Peony, 
    • Hydrangea, 
    • Vanilla orchid
  3. Base notes
    • Sandalwood, 
    • Apricot, 
    • Cashmere musk, 
    • Woods

        • Apricot is the main star for this scent. It's light and airy. Instead of feeling like you're being drenched head to toes in sticky sweet apricot jam, it feels like you're walking in a fruit orchard filled with the scent of fresh and juicy apricots. Lurking quietly in the background, you'll catch whiffs of magnolia, peony and vanilla orchid, which gives this scent the perfect balanced between fresh and floral. The musky drydown of cashmere musk and sandalwood gives it a more mature vibe, away from the crowds of sweet teeny booper scents.


It's a lively, bright, uplifting scent. It does shares some similarities to Fancy Love and Burberry due to it's apricot notes. Out of the 3 scents, I would describe this as the playful youngest sister, while Fancy Love is the romantic middle sister and finaly Burberry Women as the classic, oldest one.


No matter what your preference, any of these 3 deserves a spot on everyone's dressing table, for they're an uplifting scent that will surely brings a smile to your day!

Comments

Popular Posts