Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Anna Sui Fantasia

Anna Sui Fantasia was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette. The bottle features a majestic looking unicorn on top of a giant golden acorn. It's whimsical and magical, which is the reason why I bought a miniature bottle of it even though Anna Sui has never been my choice of perfume brand in the past due to their perfume short longevity.



  1. Top Notes
    • Pink pomelo, 
    • Pink pepper, Cassis
  2. Heart Notes
    • Raspberry Praline, 
    • Violet, Orange Flower, Pastel Orchid,
  3. Base Notes
    • Golden cypress, 
    • Himalayan 
    • cedar


  4. The floral bouquet base is offset by undertones of Golden cypress and Himalayan cedar wood, giving Fantasia the aura of an enchanted forest.
  5. Fantasia’s woodsy and floral fragrance conjures up sensuality, femininity, and mystery. Sweet pink pomelo is blended with undertones of spicy pink pepper to create a complex and vibrant mix.


This is a nostalgic scent as it brings me back to my childhood memories. We used to grow Pomelo trees and every time their fruits begin to ripen, our home would be filled with their uplifting and aromatic citrusy scent. I haven't eaten any Pomelo for years, but I do remember the taste of it's pulpy flesh, which I would describe as neither too sweet nor it is sour. The same goes to this scent, it's the perfect balance between sweet and fresh. 

It starts off with a burst of citrus-like scent that's fresh and zingy but never too sharp. The raspberry praline adds a sweetness to it but even after a while, Pomelo is still the main star for this scent, steering the scent away from sticky sweet territory. It's very long lasting for an edt, even after shower, there's still faint traces of it's woody drydown that I could pick up from my skin.

If I have known this perfume falls under the floriental genre, I would have gotten it sooner. I have initially thought it to be another fruity floral that's marketed towards a younger crowd.Well now that I'd tried it, I find it to be quite appealing to any age group, irregardless of your opinion towards unicorn 😉


Comments

Popular Posts