Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Aura By Thierry Mugler

Aura by Thierry Mugler, with it's emerald green, heart shaped bottle looks every bit alien & otherwordly. It was launched in 2017 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Marie Salamagne, Christophe Raynaud, Amandine Marie and Daphne Bugey.


  1. Top Notes
      Bergamot, Rhubard Leaf, Tiger Liana
  2. Heart Notes
      Orange Blossom, Ylang-Ylang, Green Notes
  3. Base Notes
      Bourbon Vanilla, Amber Wood, Sandalwood, Woody Notes


Aura opens up with whiffs of green, tropical notes, uniquely minty though slightly medicinal, it almost made me wonder if I'd made a huge mistake in purchasing this 😂 Before I could ponder for long, it slowly turns into the most pleasing, sensual scent on my skin, a mixture of creamy, warm, oriental vanilla with hints of woody notes that reminds me a lot of the humid scent of tropical rainforest. The scent stays creamy and cozy throughout the day, though occasionaly I get subtle whiffs of the green, tropical notes. 

Hot and humid weather seems to bring out the best in this perfume as it smell even better on hot, sunny days. Even though it's a heavy scent, it doesn't feel sharp and cloying at all. It has moderate to heavy sillage and it last a good 6-8 hours, sometimes even longer.



A uniquely strange perfume, Aura might be a good fit for those of you who are looking for a green gourmand scent, though I wouldn't recommend blind buying without testing it out first, as the scent reacts differently according to skin chemistry.

If you're curious about Aura, do check out their perfume ad as  it perfectly conveys the scent of Aura, a strong, sensual women in an otherwordly, alien tropical jungle. 😉










Comments

Popular Posts