Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum

Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum was released in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Louise Turner. 



  1. Top Notes
      Pink Pepper
  2. Heart Notes
      African Orange Flower
  3. Base Notes
      Benzoin, Tonka Bean, Vanilla


The bottle itself is sleek looking, with a tiara shaped stopper that bears Roberto Cavalli's initials, and leopard print around the opening of the bottle. Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum apparently is made for women who want to be noticed and who prefer to wear Roberto Cavalli animal print dresses, all of which  unfortunately do not apply to me 😂

I myself have never been fond of wearing bold animal prints, but I do love seeing other people rocking them out. One celeb that comes to mind is Jennifer Lopez,  who's a huge fan of Cavalli and wore a lot of his designs. Here she is wearing a chiffon leopard print Cavalli dress, which I think looks fabulous on her, and what I would imagined the perfect style that described this perfume.



Described as a balsamic, vanilla bomb, oriental scent, this perfume starts off with a burst of orange flower, overall a white floral opening which I was afraid is heading towards rich, heavy and intoxicating heady floral territory. Thankfully it never went there, instead it veers towards warm, creamy, balsamic and slightly spicy scent. There is definitely something familiar about this scent, and even though it was released in 2012, it reminds me of a lot of the balsamic vanilla scents in the 90s.




A wonderful scent that has an amazing sillage , it dries down to a soft, cozy scent that radiates warmth and sensuality, perfect as a signature scent.

Comments

Popular Posts