Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau De Parfum

When it comes to perfume bottles, one of the most memorable and iconic design bottle is Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, which has the sensuous curves of a corseted feminine body. 

Jean Paul Gaultier first released Classique in 1993 and there have been numerous flankers since then but I have always prefer the earlier ones from the 90s. Lucky me I stumbled upon a vintage bottle in carousell, one of my favourite hunting place for vintage perfumes. 


  1. Top Notes
      Tincture of rose, Rum
  2. Heart Notes
      Narcissus, Vanilla Orchid
  3. Base Notes
      Vanilla, Amber, Tonka bean, Sandalwood

A vanillic, floriental scent that has a nostalgic feel to it. It's sensual, elegant and somehow reminds me a lot of old hollywood glamour. It's warm, heady, sweet but not sticky sweet, slightly spicy, and as it mellows down, it leaves a lingering, comforting powdery scent. 


It clings really well on clothes and a few spritz is all you need for it to last the whole day, and the longer you wear it, the better it smell. This has a great sillage and leaves a lingering trail as you walk by. If you love Chanel Coco, you would probably love this too as they share a similar sensual, sexy vibe though Classique is a little less spicy and much more powdery.

If you're  looking for a classic, sophisticated, glamourous, mature scent that will garner you the most compliments, this would be a good choice for you to try.




Comments

Popular Posts