Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Sudio NIO Wireless Earbuds

Music has always been a part of my life. Discovering new music always excites me and I spend a lot of time searching online and reading forums for new music recommendations. I have thousands of songs and various music genres on my playlist, many in languages that I don't even speak nor understand.

The way we listen to music has changed over the years, from collecting cassettes to online streaming. I remember getting a portable cd player in my teenage years, being overtly excited as I placed those wired earphones in my ears and pressed the play button. I remember hating those wired earphones because they keep getting tangled and somehow they never fails to break, as I always managed to accidently pulled on the cord despite being careful. These days, I have switched to wireless earphones and later on to wireless earbuds, which feels much more convenient to me.

A few days before Christmas, I've received a parcel which contains the newly released Sudio NIO, courtesy of Sudio. I've been using a few different brands of wireless earbuds but this is the first fully wireless earbuds that I'd tried from Sudio, a Swedish brand that's widely known for their aesthetically appealing, clean and minimalistic style.

Minimalist Style

Sudio NIO is available in 4 different colours : black, white, green and sand. I choose white and the earbuds was placed inside a sleek looking, minimalist design charging case.  These are made with plastic, however they do feel quite sturdy despite being lightweight.

Automatic Pairing

Once you lift the earbuds from the charging case and remove the seal, they'll automatically switch on for both earbuds. Then you'll need to open the bluetooth function on your phone, paired it with Sudio NIO and once connected, it'll get automatically paired the next time you turn it on.

Touch Panel Control

There are no buttons on Sudio NIO as it offers touch panel control. A quick look at the instruction and this is all that you'll need to remember.

Music : 

  1. Single Tap – Play/Pause
  2. Double Tap - Previous (Left), Forward (Right)
  3. Triple Tap - Reduce Volume (Left), Increase Volume (Right)

Phone :

  1. Single Tap - Answer Call
  2. Double Tap - Decline Call
  3. Triple Tap - End Call

Battery Life

Sudio NIO boost a 5.5 hour playtime that can be extended to 20 hours with the charging case, which offers adequate amount of battery life for me throughout the day. After each use, you can easily placed the earbuds in the charging case and it'll automatically charged it, which I find super convenient as I tend to forget to charge it. 

Comfort Is Key

I'm glad the wing tip came in 4 sizes, I ended up choosing a small wing tip to replace the one on the right earbud for a better fit. Previously I'd bought earbuds that doesn't have a suitable fitting for me and they keeps on falling out, which overall affects my listening experience. With Sudio NIO, not only do I get to enjoy my favourite songs, I even get to enjoy listening to my favourite horror channels on YouTube, as I get to fully immerse myself into the chilling stories without any feeling of discomfort after long wear.

Bass Head

If you're a bass lover, Sudio NIO offers an extra boom in the bass range, which I find shocking as I always thought earbuds offers a much inferior quality in terms of bass. One of the best genre for trying out bassy earbuds is electropop so I tried listening to Ladytron's Ghost and Blue Jeans. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality, and reckon this will be perfect for listening to upbeat music while doing workout at home or at the gym and while running. 

Splash-Proof 

When choosing earbuds, it's best to get one with reliable IPX4 rated, splash-proof protection. We're having  the monsoon season here and it rains almost everyday. So it's a little hard for me to avoid the rain as I run my errands. I've been keeping my earbuds on during rainy days and so far I've never encountered any problems with it. 

Price

Sudio Nio is launched on 11 January 2021 and retails at RM359, with free worldwide shipping and 3 years international warranty with Sudio Sphere. 

The Sudio NIO came in a drawer-type box which contains the Sudio NIO Wireless Earbuds, charging case, a usb cable, wing tip with 4 sizes available for a perfect fit and instruction manual. 

Sudio NIO is a good option if you're looking for a  fairly price, sleek looking, comfortable earbuds. It provides a clear and balance audio quality, with a punchy bass. 

For more info, do check out Sudio website at 

https://www.sudio.com/my/

and key in the discount code :

LUNNIO

for a 15% discount and you'll get it at only RM306 instead of RM359 with free worldwide delivery including to Malaysia.


Comments

Popular Posts