Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Carousell Scammer

I've been doing online shopping for years now, and I count myself to be quite lucky as I never encountered any scammers before. Until finaly the day came for me to meet one. With that being said, I would like to dedicate this whole posting to the scammer as per details below, lol. 


For the past year, I've met a lot of fellow perfume enthusiast on Carousell, as I love looking out for discontinued perfumes and perfumes with older formulations. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I even found these gems for a fraction of it's price 😁

During Chinese New Year, while scrolling down the Carousell app, I stumbled upon a seller who supposedly are trying to sell off all her perfume collection as she's going to move house soon, there's a few items that I was quite interested in but I decided to just get 1 for the moment. Seeing that the seller has a few good ratings, I didn't worry much and proceed to make the payment to her.

Fast forward a few days later, I try to trace the tracking number that she gave me, only to find that it can't be traced on Pos Laju system. I was sick during that time so I was a bit more worried about my headache and fever rather than the tracking number, lol.

A day or two later, I browse through my Carousell app only to find that the seller's account has been suspended, it seems someone has reported her.


I decided to do one thing that I should have done earlier, google image search her listing picture, lol. Btw, this is a good website if you're using your mobile phone to do reverse image search instead of a desktop computer.


Guess what, I found out most of her pictures were stolen from accounts on instagram and from perfume seller websites🤦

The left one is the scammer's listing on Carousell and the right one is the original post from other's instagram post.







That's only 4 of her listings and there's actually a whole lot more😦 Usually I'm a bit more wary and careful of sellers on Carousell but I suppose doing online shopping while having a fever is never a good idea, since my mind is a little less sharp than usual, lol.

I didn't lose much but I felt the urge to share this experience, just to keep others from falling victim to her again, and what better way than to share this on the net, rather than engaging in an expletive-laden exchange with her, which to me, is a waste of time, since I detest drama and everything that disrupt my inner peace, lol.

Below is her info that she sent me on Carousell. If you ever stumbled upon this name, do be careful and to always remember to do reverse search image on the item pictures 🔎

Carousell Account :
https://carousell.com/bargainbook

Name : Nur Sri Marlia Omar

Public Bank : 4790242625

There's a lot of online scammers so before making any payments online, it's good to check out if there is any report on the seller's bank account, which you can easily check from the website below :

http://ccid.rmp.gov.my/semakmule/

Scammers do have the habit of using their wife, husband, parents, siblings bank accounts when they noticed there is a report on them, so there is a high chance you won't find their bank accounts listed on the above website. Whatever the case maybe, do be wary of scammers as there's a whole lot of them these days, even those you wouldn't have suspected.

*Update : It seems the scammer above has made a new account on Carousell, but thankfully her account has been suspended for now. Special thanks to the person who e-mailed me, apparently now she's trying to sell pc games on Carousell. Here's a screenshot of her shop :

https://carousell.com/theshermansshoppe

To everyone who's into online shopping, let's hope we never meet any scammers in the future. 


Comments

  1. Excellent blogger ........ I'm also blogger frm Sabah too ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and so is yours! Always happy to meet another Sabahan blogger here 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts