Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

The Emerald Blend by BOH

Last year I tried quitting coffee, and failed miserably, lol. The 1st time I tried, I got a major headache on the second day, apparently you're not supposed to stop drinking coffee cold turkey, or else it'll worsen your caffein withdrawal symptoms. So I give up after 3 days of suffering from migrains.

The 2nd time I attempted it, I ended up being sleepy the whole week, this time I managed to quit 5 days before going back to coffee 😌

Fast forward on 2020, during Chinese New Year, I got sick, really really sick and I haven't been this sick since probably 2016, lol. I regret eating too many spicy and oily food because that's probably the reason I get sick easily 😂

Suddenly I don't like the taste and smell of coffee anymore, initially I blamed it on my sore throat. But even after 3 weeks, I still can't bring myself to drink coffee. The funny thing is I did not experience any caffein withdrawal symptoms, so I guess now I won't be drinking coffee anymore 😁 I don't actually think coffee is bad, but if you're like me who's always drinking 3 in 1 instant coffee a few times in a day, then that's definitely not healthy 😂


I've been trying different kinds of tea these days, and one of them is BOH's The Emerald Blend, which came in a  limited edition, book-styled caddy to commemorate BOH’s 90th anniversary which I got from a giveaway.


I really like this book-styled caddy. This has a vintage feel to it and the floral design is really pretty. On the inside, there's a written description on the history of BOH along with 16 sachets of teabags.



The tea bags came in environmentally friendly Pyramid Bags, which offer excellent permeability for a better infusion, giving you a fuller, more satisfying brew. The see-through woven mesh filter is derived from cornstarch and can be biodegraded completely when disposed in soil. 



The Emerald Blend is a combination of fine Earl Grey blended with marigold flowers with natural citrus and floral flavours. I love that it doesn't have any overpowering flavours, the taste is actually quite mild, though you could definitely smell the citrusy floral flavours.



If you would like to purchase this as a gift for yourself or for your loved ones, do check out BOH official website because this would make a perfect gift for tea lovers 🍵


Comments

Popular Posts