Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Mon Chéri Skincare - The Lily Collection

"Explore who you are. Embrace your own rules. Create a journey that symbolises your timeless beauty."

Mon Chéri is a skincare line that encourages people to cherish their inner and outer beauty, to be comfortable in their own skin and to be confident in parading their natural beauty.

I was super lucky to receive this lovely gifts from Mon Chéri when I won their "Know Your Skin Type" photo contest, I've always been into natural products, so I was indeed super excited when I received their parcel.

Previously I'd done a review on Mon Chéri skincare sample, back then I was wowed by their super cute vintage packaging, but this lovely pink box is of course even better, lolz.





The Lily Collection Set (RM280)

The Lily Collection for Normal to Combination Skin, which consist of Gentle Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer.


I really do adore the packaging, they definitely lend a touch of romantic feminine feel to the collection.


The Gentle Cleanser is definitely my fave product from the whole collection. It's quite foamy and I do quite enjoy washing my face with it, as it works really well in clearing out all the gunks on my face without drying out my skin. I don't even feel any tightness or experience any redness after using it. So this is indeed perfect for those with sensitive skin.




Toner has always been part of my skincare ritual, mainly because I have combination skin, which can be quite problematic at times, especially during hot weather, where I dread that oily shine from my face. This toner actually managed to refine my pores and keep the shine at bay during the day, but of course this is only to a certain extend, as it's super hot here in KK, hehehe. 


Unlike other toners that might actually sting your skin, this toner is quite gentle on the skin and doesn't leave any tightness feeling, especially on the sides of my nose, which can be quite sensitive.


Lastly the moisturizer. To be frank, I have always been those who prefer serum, I always skip moisturizer and only slather on serum on my face, mainly because I'm not too fond of heavy oily cream based moisturizer.






So I was quite surprised when I first tried their sample and found out how light it actually feels on my skin. It doesn't leave any heavy oily feeling on my skin. Not only that, it actually works to keep my skin supple and well moisturized.

For those who are not used to using natural products, the scent of this moisturizer might overwhelm you, but after using if for a while, you'll probably get used to it as the scent doesn't linger for long. It's the scent that reminds you that this is indeed a natural product.



Mon Chéri had been very generous to me. Not only do I receive the skincare set, they even send me over this lovely makeup pouch and moisturizing lip balm.


This lipbalm is enriched with deeply moisturising Bee Wax, Shea Butter and Rhus Verniciflua Peel Wax from the peel of the fruit of Japanese Sumach, it is full of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiallergenic, and germicidal antioxidant properties which aid the healing of dry and chapped lips. It contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E which are antioxidants which protects your lips against free radicals; and Atelocollagen keeps your lips luscious and hydrated by locking in moisture and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.


When it comes to lipbalm, I'm obsessed with them, especially those that minimizes the appearance of fine lines. This lipbalm is great as it glides on smoothly on my lips. No more dry chapped lips when you have this, it's also not too sticky on the lips, so you won't have to worry about flies being stuck on your lips. (Yes, these has indeed happened to me, lolz)


Overall, it was a great skincare line, especially if you're into natural products, the Mon Chéri Skin Care Set, which includes the gentle cleanser, toner, moisturizer and moisturizing lip balm retails at RM336, but you can get it now at RM288, so if you're interested, do check out Mon Chéri web E-store : )


Comments

Popular Posts