Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

4711 Original Eau de Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz

A souvenir from a dear friend during her trip to Germany a few months back. This is a classic cologne with over 200 years of history. 4711 is named after the house number given to the factory where it was produced at Glockengasse, Cologne during the French occupation of the Rhineland.




4711 Original Eau de Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz was first launched in 1792, it's a citrus aromatic fragrance for women and men. If you're wondering how a classic scent from 1792 smells like, here are the listed notes ~
Top Notes : Orange oil, peach, basil, bergamot and lemon
Middle Notes : Cyclamen, lily, melon, jasmine and bulgarian rose
Base Notes : Patchouli, tahitian vetiver, musk, sandalwood, oakmoss and cedar.



Unisex cologne tend to be sharp and clean. So I was not so surprised when the initial spray left me with a blast of citrusy and minty notes. It actually smells a lot like a lemonade, as if someone just splash me with a whole jug of lemonade, an instant wake me up, lol. It then slowly dissipates into a herbal woody scent.

Since this is an Eau de Cologne, there is no sillage nor longevity. It's a fleeting scent that's meant to give you a burst of instant freshness. Perfect for a quick pick me up in the morning or during those lazy afternoon when you're in need of a re-charge.




This is a scent with an acquired taste, a sniff from the bottle won't reveal it's lemony goodness as it smells a little synthetic and medicinal. I do think it will appeal more to those who have a preference for citrusy scent. As for me, I wear it after bath for an extra clean and energizing effect. It only lasted 10 minutes on my skin, so it never interrupts with my other perfume that I wear later on. 


Till today, 4711 remains a classic scent. Emulated by many but hard to surpassed. 



Comments

Popular Posts