Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

La Vie Est Belle EDP ~ Lancome

If you're a big gourmand perfume lover, La Vie Est Belle by the french fragrance house, Lancome should be on your top fragrance list to own.



Inspired by joy, happiness & taking pleasure in all the little things, Julia Roberts is the face behind the perfume campaign. A perfect choice as she does exudes a warm and charming aura. La Vie Est Belle is also inspired by natural and simplistic beauty which can be seen from the minimalist design of the bottle. It has a stunning modern design and I do love the sleek look of it.


Top Notes
Blackcurrant & Pear

Middle Notes 
Iris, Jasmine & Orange Blossom

Base Notes 
Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Praline.

On my skin, it opens up with a burst of blackcurrant & pear, before it starts to blend into the floral scent of iris, jasmine and orange blossom.The fruity floral notes last for hours before it starts to mellow into the warm, powdery scent of patchouli, tonka bean, vanilla and praline. This is a perfume where I could actually detect all the notes, which is a rarity in my previous experience.


For those who love sweet perfume scent, this should be right up your alley, as it stays sweet throughout the day I wore it. On my skin, the perfume last from the morning I dab it on till the time I took a shower. On my cardigan, the scent stays on longer and I could still smell a whiff of it's delicious scent even after laundry. This is a scent that has a strong silage, people could actually smell you from across the room, a few dabs of this is all I need to smell good the whole day, though I do avoid using this on days I wish to stay incognito, lol. For those who purchase the bottle spray, 1 or 2 spritz is all you need as it will definitely suffocate people around you especially those with a delicate nose.


Overall, I really do love this scent. It has a cheerful, uplifting vibe to it. Sweet but elegant. I find it to be suitable for day and night wear. It's a crowd favourite and children seems to love this scent as it does smell really sweet & delicious. If you're looking for a perfume that last hours and hours and hours....do try this and be amazed!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts