Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Remembering Diana : A Life in Photographs

Remembering Diana : A Life in Photographs was released in 2017, commemorating the twentieth anniversary of Diana, Princess of Wales untimely death. A beautiful keepsake, dedicated to the one of a kind Princess Diana.

Foreword by best-selling author Tina Brown, this book contains beautiful photographs of Diana, a total of 100 photographs including some from her early childhood, such as this beautiful picture of her holding her pet guinea pig.


A celebration of the princess’s life in pictures, this is a beautifully illustrated book. Coffee table books are my kinda thing these days, as I love flicking through pictures, so I was super glad to have this in my collection.
 

An official portrait of Diana, taken in the summer of 1982, just before she became the Princess of Wales.

September 1982 : Dressed in plaid at the Braemar Highland Games in Scotland.

February 1983 : Diana holding 8 month old William at Kensington Palace.

Dec 1983 : Prince Charles and Princess Diana holding their 18 month old son, Willian as he stands on a bench in a garden at Kensington Palace.

November 11, 1988 - Diana in a Viv Knowland veiled hat, smiles during a French armistice commemoratiom in Paris. 


September 1990 - Enthusiastic crowds greet Diana with flags waving during her visit to Cullompton in Devon.


My favourite pictures are the ones taken by Mario Testino in 1997 for Vanity Fair, which includes the picture of her on the front cover and the back cover. These turned out to be her last official portraits to be taken before her untimely death the same year.


A beautiful ode to the The People's Princess, gone too soon but forever in our hearts.


Comments

Popular Posts