Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Melvita L'Argan Bio Gentle Shower Gel & L'Argan Bio Velvet Hand Cream

Last Christmas, my bestfriend and I joined the Happiness In A Stocking contest and won ourselves these lovely goodies from Clozette, Melvita L'Argan Bio Gentle Shower Gel & L'Argan Bio Velvet Hand Cream. We were super excited as there's no Melvita outlet here in KK, but they do have an online E-store : )


 Melvita L'Argan Bio Gentle Shower Gel (RM70)


Formulated with a sulphate-free, gentle botanical cleansing base, foaming agents derived from argan oil and plant-based glycerine, the Gentle Shower Gel contains essential fatty acids to respect the skin’s hydrolipidic film and leave skin perfectly moisturized after showering.


The texture of this shower gel is quite runny, which I love as it lathers up well. It has a woody earthy scent which reminds me of men's cologne. Scent wise, I'm not too fond of this, as it doesn't have that feminine scent that I love, but it does cleans up the skin well and doesn't dried out my skin unlike any other shower gel.
   
Melvita L'Argan Bio Velvet Hand Cream  (RM73)


The lipid-replenishing power of argan oil lies at the heart of this new formula. Enriched with repairing shea butter, nourishing sunflower oil and protective beeswax, the Velvet Hand Cream sinks rapidly into the skin and contains silica to give an instant dry and velvety feel. The light, delicately scented texture leaves hands soft and supple.

Non-comedogenic
99% of the total ingredients are from natural origin.
27% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.


At first try, I didn't love this, the scent of this hand lotion is not what I would consider as light. It has a slightly masculine earthy smell which I found can be quite overpowering. This smells a lot like the shower gel, but with more sillage and staying power.


After using this for a while, I no longer find the scent unbearable, lolz. It reminds me a lot of my childhood memories, where I used to dig a lot of holes in my mom's little garden, hehehe.

Texture wise, it's quite creamy. It absorbs well on my skin and doesn't leave any greasy oily feeling. After 5 minutes of slathering this on, you won't even feel it on your skin, the only thing you'd noticed is your smooth supple skin. 

This hand lotion reminds me a lot of Crab Tree & Evelyn's Gardener's Hand Therapy. They both have an earthy scent and really works in keeping my skin soft and supple. The only difference is Crab Tree & Evelyn's Gardener's Hand Therapy is a bit heavier and thicker in terms of texture.

Overall, it's a great hand lotion especially if you're into woody, earthy scent. But if you're a fan of fruity/floral feminine scent, you should probably give this a miss : )

Comments

Popular Posts