Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

The Body Shop Moisture White™ Shiso UV Protector Cream

Lately the weather's been really scorching hot, thanks to the Equinox phenomenon that's been causing an increase in our weather temperature which are already high. The only good thing is the weather is perfect if you're planning an island getaway : )

Slathering sunblock all over yourself is a must, especially if you live in a country with a hot weather like mine. When it comes to sunblock, I always choose gel based sunblock as they're super light on the skin. So it's definitely something new when I decided to try on The Body Shop Moisture White™ Shiso Moisture Cream, which is a cream based sunblock.

The Body Shop Moisture White™ Shiso UV Protector Cream (RM129)



This moisturising cream protects skin against harmful UV rays. It contains a unique Japanese shiso formula. It provides UV protection with SPF 30 and proven to improve the appearance of skin brightness in four weeks.
  • Japanese Shiso Oil - A popular herb commonly used in Japanese cuisine, shiso is rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acid. This humble herb is proven to fight pigmentation by suppressing early melanin activation, thereby preventing and minimizing formation of dark spots and uneven skin tone.
  • Vitamin C - A natural anti-oxidant that controls excessive melanin production in the deepest skin layers to help even out skin tone and restore skin’s natural radiance.


For a cream based sunblock, this is quite light weight. It glides on smoothly on my skin without making my whole face greasy. Though it doesn't feel as light as gel based sunblock, I still love the velvety consistency of this. I did not suffer any break outs and there are no new visible pigmentation on my skin, which is a miracle, considering the current scorching hot weather.


This sunblock has a natural scent which is quite distinctive, scent wise I wouldn't say it smell heavenly nor does it smell nasty, lolz.

Overall it's a really great sunblock if you're having pigmentation problems like me. My skin appear brighter than before. This is also great for those with sensitive or dry skin, as it's quite gentle on the skin and doesn't cause any dryness.

The Body Shop Moisture White™ Shiso UV Protector Cream can be bought from The Body Shop Outlet and their Online E-Store, retail price is RM129. 

If you're looking for a new sunblock, do give this a try : )

Comments

Popular Posts