Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Burberry Women by Burberry

As much as I love trying out new scents and experiencing the difference in their fragrance notes. There are days where I just wanted to smell cozy and warm, something that would suits more of my laid back personality. 

I used to wear Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson religiously for years. It's my perfect signature scent as it really blends with my skin, the dry down has a comforting peaches & cream scent that leaves a subtle trail. But now that they're re-formulated my favourite perfume, it doesn't last as long as it used to. My last bottle was bought in 2015 and I've been jumping from one scent to another since then.

For nostalgic sake, I decided to try out this miniature bottle of Burberry Women, which Fancy Love has always been compared to. Burberry Women was released in 1995 and Michel Almairac is the nose behind this iconic scent. 


Top Notes
Lavender, Bergamot, Thyme, Mint

Heart Notes
Gerarium, Sandalwood, Moss, Cedar

Base Notes
Amber, Tonka Bean


Burberry Women is a fruity-floral scent. It opens up with a fresh burst of apricot and pear, which dominates the overall scent. Unlike Fancy Love's boozy opening of pink pepper and champagne, Burberry Women is much more fruitier with a hint of herbal from the lavender, tyme and mint.

Once it settles down, the scent slowly starts to resemble Fancy Love's soft, creamy, peaches & cream dry down. The only difference is Burberry has an added woodyness to it, which reminds me a lot of the scent of pencil shavings, strange but I love it. lol. 

It's apricoty, musky & woody, perfect for those who prefer a scent that sits close to the skin. It's warm, inviting and very cozy. The only downside is it doesn't last long and it doesn't project well. Apparently it's been re-formulated and the scent is no longer as long lasting as before. 

If I have to choose my favourite out of these 2, I would pick Fancy Love as it's floriental notes especially frangipani and amber are much more feminine & romantic. Burberry Women is much more casual and preppy.  A modern scent with city chic vibes. Though lacking in longevity and sillage, both are beautiful, timeless scents.







Comments

Popular Posts