Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Luna by Nina Ricci

It's a month away from Christmas and here is a current favourite scent of mine. It's a delicious gourmand fragrance that never fails to remind me of the coming festive season.

Luna by Nina Ricci was launched in 2016 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Christophe Raynaud and Marie Salamagne. Luna is the darker, mysterious counterpart to the romantic princess of Nina. Together they're represented in a new campaign called Les Belles De Nina. 

This 20ml Mini Luna is a special limited edition bottle. Instead of gold leaves, this bottle has the same round bottle cap as the original Nina.



Top Notes
Wild Berries, Orange Blossom, Lime, Tangerine

Heart Notes
Caramel, Immortelle, Jasmine, Pear

Base Notes
Sandalwood, Madagascan Vanilla, Licorice, White Musk


Luna is for gourmand lovers who prefer a darker edge to their perfume. The opening starts off smelling sweet and caramel-like, with the citrusy top notes blending well with the heart notes, adding some freshness to an otherwise sticky sweet scent. Once it settles on the skin, the sweet caramel-like scent slowly dries down to a powdery, woody and slightly smokey scent of licorice & Immortelle. Madagascan vanilla and Sandalwood softens the overall scent, giving it a sensual vibe. 



Luna by Nina Ricci has really great sillage and projects really well. It's heavier than the original Nina which makes it perfect for night wear. Though it's an eau de toilette, it actually last longer than most of my other eau de parfum. I could still smell it's woody drydown 6 hours after spraying it on my wrist.


If you love a heavy, delicious, caramel-like scent with woody, powdery drydown, this is the perfect perfume for you. But if you prefer a fresher, lighter, delicate scent, Nina would probably suits you better than Luna. Overall I find this to be simply irresistible and the blue bottle is simply divine!




Comments

Popular Posts