Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Sunflowers 🌻

MCO Day 19 📝
When it comes to flowers, my favourite is sunflower. Big, bright and cheerful looking, one look at them and it'll instantly brighten up my day. They're also easy to grow which is why I love growing them.  


These are the packets of sunflowers seeds that I'd bought online, they cost around RM2 per pack which are quite cheap if you compare them with the price of seeds from the local nursery. However there's a 50-50 chance some of the seeds won't germinate, so if you're looking for better quality seeds, it's better to get them from your local nursery.

Teddy Bear Dwarf Sunflower


The dwarf version of Teddy Bear Sunflower, I love them because they're super fluffy and cute 😂 Mine grew to around 30cm tall, and requires twice a day watering. I'd tried growing the taller version of Teddy Bear Sunflower but sadly all the seeds failed to germinate.


Edible Sunflower

The most common sunflowers that are grown around here. These can grow quite tall, especially if you transplant them on the ground. Mine were all grown on pots since I don't have any extra space for them. It once grew near the top of my house roof, never once have I thought they'd grew that tall from a pot, lol.




Most sunflowers bloom after 3 months of growing and another 3 weeks to 1 month before they dry out. Then you'll get to repeat the cycle again 😂



Yellow & Orange Sunflower

Now about these 2, I don't have much info on them as the packaging only stated sunflower seeds, lol. I do however noticed they're slightly shorter than the edible ones, these only stood around 150cm tall. 




If you're thinking of getting your mind off the pandemic crisis, growing flowers, vegetables or herbs might help you with that, because nothing beats the therapeutic power of gardening 🌱

Comments

  1. Good ideas! Will spend some time with nature during this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts