Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Le Parfum In White By Elie Saab

Le Parfum In White By Elie Saab, a flanker to the original Le Parfum was created by Francis Kurkdjian and Jerome Di Marino. Released in 2018, this is described to be a chic and modern fragrance with a floral, slightly fruity and chypre character.

Top Notes 
Orange Blossom, Red Berries, Mandarin Orange, Bergamot

Middle Notes 
Jasmine, Peach

Base Notes 
White Amber, White Musk, Patchouli, Benzoin, Tolu Balsam, Vanilla

Unlike the original Le Parfum, this is much more lighter, it is also much more sweeter, though not so sickeningly sweet. My skin tends to amplify floral notes, so when I first sprayed this on, orange blossom and jasmine are the most dominant notes on my skin. As it dries down, it leaves a lingering sweet musky scent that smells really warm and inviting. Strangely it also doesn't feel  too cloying during a hot and humid afternoon.

This has amazing sillage and I easily get whiffs of the sweet white floral scent throughout the day. It's a very classy and feminine scent, one that I would actually recommend for a bride on her wedding day, because this is perfect for the special occasion ❣️ 






Comments

Popular Posts