Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Borneo Soap - Beras Bario Body Bath

Borneo Soap is is a manufacturer of premium natural organic skin care products based in Sarawak, Land of the Hornbills, Malaysia, that specializes in creating handcrafted soaps infused with natural ingredients from the Borneo Rainforest.

Last Christmas, I'd received a lovely handmade Beras Bario body bath soap from Borneo Soap


Beras Bario body bath soap retails at RM46 on their Web E-Store


All products from Borneo Soap comes in beautiful box packaging, with iconic tattoo designs on the boxes  inspired by the elements that come from the rich flora and fauna of the Borneo Rainforest eg. Bunga Terung and Tali Nyawa. Mine comes with a Monkey tattoo design : )


A leaflet is included inside the box, which contains information on all products of Borneo Soap.


Beras Bario Body Bath is formulated with rice that is rich in minerals, this natural handmade organic soap soap bestows skin with a luminous clarity as it whitens, detoxifies and tones. It helps soothe a full range of sensitive skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis and cracked heels.


One of the main reason I love using natural handmade soap is because they're more gentle on the skin, and for someone who has sensitive skin like me, itchy dry skin is always a possibility whenever I used the wrong product, so I tend to avoid harsh drying soap and shower gel. 

Borneo Soap definitely fits the bill as it's quite gentle on my skin. It lathers well and didn't dried out my skin despite it's grainy texture. Usually my skin tends to get a little dry, especially my hands which feels a little tight after shower but this is not the case with Borneo Soap. I'd tried lots of rice soap and they usually cause my skin to flake up due to dryness, but I'd noticed none of that while using this.


But alas, as good as it is, I still need to apply body serum/lotion after shower, as I have dry skin after all and skipping them will not help me to reach my goal of having soft silky skin,lolz.

In terms of whitening, I didn't get noticeably lighter, but I do noticed an even skin tone, even my arms looks almost the same shade with my legs, which is quite a feat since the weather is always hot here in Sabah.


Overall it's a good soap for those who have special needs for their skin, not only is it free from harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, artificial colors and fragrances, greasy mineral oils and even animal fats, it also helps soothe a full range of sensitive skin conditions.


With a unique packaging, Borneo Soap makes the perfect gift  for all occasions. The company also believes in giving back to the community and nature, helping  in alleviating poverty in the rural heartlands of Borneo.They also donate 2.5% of their net profits to the Malaysian National Commission UNESCO's Conservation Fund for the Gunung Mulu National Park. All the more reasons for trying Borneo Soap : )



Comments

Popular Posts