Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Filipino Market (Handicraft Market) - Pearl Bracelets

If you're a handmade enthusiast, the handicraft market famously known as Filipino Market is the perfect place for you. Situated right in the middle of the city, it's just a few walks away from Centre Point Shopping Complex.

If you're crazy about pearls, you're going to love this place.  There's a wide range of jewelleries made from fresh water pearls and sea water pearls. Sea water pearls are usually round in shape while fresh water pearls have more variety in terms of shapes, I'd once bought a fresh water pearl bracelet here in Filipino Market which came in pastel pink oval shape, it only cost me about RM10 after bargain, super cheap right? lolz.

The best time to visit the Filipino Market is during the day, prices are usually lower as all the stalls are opened for business and it's easier to bargain. By night time, there's less stall opened and prices will definitely go a bit higher than usual, so it's a good idea to visit during the day.

Over the years, I'd bought lots of pearl jewelleries here, but these 2 are definitely my fave.


Pearl bracelets with encrusted Swarovski crystals


This pearl bracelet has a beautiful flowery shaped encrusted crystals (RM25)


while this has a delicate butterfly shaped encrusted crystals (RM15)


The quality and craftsmenship of these bracelets are really great. I've been wearing these for quite a while now yet they still look brand new and everything is still in placed, with no missing pearls and Swarovski crystals.

So if you ever visit Sabah, do check out the Filipino Market (Handicraft Market) in Kota Kinabalu, you're bound to find the perfect souvenirs for your visit :)

Comments

  1. Pearls are part of almost every culture on our earth, pearl jewellery is beautiful and precious. This handmade Filipino jewellery is beautiful, thank you for sharing this. As a fellow jewellery designer of beads jewellery particularly Native American Bead Necklace, I am glad to learn about these beautiful jewellery, this inspires my creativity. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts