Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Always Be Pure - Marine Therapy Dark Spot Correcting Serum

I'm super prone to hyperpigmentation and I've been trying to stop them from getting worse by slathering on tons of sunblock, lol. A few weeks back, I was luckily gifted a product, Marine Therapy Dark Spot Correcting Serum from Jake Kim from Always Be Pure. I've been quite interested in trying this korean skincare brand ever since I saw their Forest Therapy skincare line, which has a really beautiful green, nature inspired packaging.

Always Be Pure - Marine Therapy Dark Spot Correcting Serum has a beautiful marine inspired blue packaging. The blue plastic bottle is quite sturdy and comes with a pump applicator.

It is quite watery in texture which is quite good on combination and oily skin because it doesn't feel heavy at all. It also doesn't feel quite as sticky as other types of brightening serum that I'd tried so far. The scent however does smells a little bit medicinal, not too bad though as it doesn't linger too long and dissipates quicky as it dries out.

This product contains Niacinamide 4.9%, which helps to decrease hyperpigmentation and dark spots. So far I've noticed my dull and yellowish skin look much more brighter with a pinkish glow after continuously using this for 12 days. However I'll probably need longer time to see the effects on my dark spots though I did noticed small, new cluster of dark spots are slowly fading away, the older ones however remained the same.


I have large, noticeable pores that are easily congested, which results in small bumps to appear on my face. Though my pores are still quite noticeable, they look much more smoother than before, with less bumps on my face. 

This contains mild EWG Green Grade 1 substance to soothe irritated skin. It is also much gentler than the Vitamic C serum that I'd used before to reduce my dark spots. It doesn't dry out my skin and caused my skin to get flaky. 

My skin tends to get oily easily, so I'm glad this has a watery texture that is easily absorbed on skin. So far it has help to brighten and even out my skin tone, making me look much more healthier with glowing and hydrated skin.


If you're interested in trying this out, do check out KoreanHubs and try this for yourself. 


Comments


  1. Your blog is awfully appealing. I am contented with your post. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful. If you are looking for the best Korean Skincare For Acne, then visit Skinflair Beautyshop Ltd. Thanks! I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really helpful for me. I also have hyperpigmented skin and was surveying a good serum. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts