Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Ralph Lauren Blue

Blue has always been my favourite colour and anything that reminds me of the colour of ocean is an instant favourite. Even though my perfume preference has changed over the years, Ralph Lauren Blue will always stay in my collection.

When I was in my mid 20s, I was quite obsessed with Ralph Lauren Blue. I first discovered it on a Cleo Magazine perfume strip, one sniff and I was immedietly hooked. It was the kind of the scent that I gravitate towards back in the days, fresh white florals and never sticky sweet, a preppy scent I suppose.


Top Notes 
Gardenia, Jasmine, Grapefruit, Pink Peony, Lily Of The Valley, Lotus, Melon


Middle Notes 
Tuberose, Orange Blossom, Rose, Basil, Verbena

Base Notes 
Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Suede

Ralph Lauren Blue was released in 2003, created by perfumers David Nagel and Pierre Negrin. This has strong notes of jasmine and lily of the valley which is the first burst of scent that you'll immediately noticed upon first spray. A white floral scent that doesn't smell sharp and soapy on me. As it dries down, it slowly turns into a musky, delicate floral scent. 

It is one of those scent that changes according to body chemistry, so you'll definitely need to test this out on your skin to experience it's true scent. As for sillage and longevity, it stays soft and subtle, though it does have medium staying power and last longer than I'd expected for an edt.




Comments

Popular Posts