Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

L'ESSENTIAL Azulene Soothing Starter Kit

L'ESSENTIAL is a korean skincare brand that I've recently learnt about. Thanks to Picky, I've discovered their Azulene skincare line works really well on my combination skin. I've always been on the lookout for skincare products that provides hydration to my skin without making me look like a greaseball, and these are definitely right up my alley 😆

Azulene is a natural botanical oil derived from the steam distillation of chamomile flower, all of which have anti-inflammatory properties and good for soothing skin. It has a distinctive blue colour hue, hence the reason why it's named Azul which means blue in spanish. Blue has always been my favourite colour and I'm quite excited to try out Azulene based skincare as it's a highly-raved ingredient for soothing skin.


L'ESSENTIAL Azulene Soothing Starter Kit
  • L'ESSENTIAL Zero Cleanser Mini 30ml
  • L'ESSENTIAL First Toner Mini 30ml
  • L'ESSENTIAL Double Serum Mini 15ml
  • L'ESSENTIAL Triple Cream Mini 20ml

L'ESSENTIAL Zero Cleanser

  • Blue Calming Fresh Complex including Guaiazulene, green tea & aloe extract helps to soothe and moisturize the skin.
  • Hypoallergic cleanser with a slightly low PH close to the skin’s acidity.

Review : 

  • Lathers easily into creamy, rich foam.
  • Contains Eucalyptus Globulue Leaf Oil, hence the faint green, minty scent.
  • Works well in cleansing away dirt and grimes. It also feels quite soothing and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry.
  • Doesn't seem to cause any allergic reaction to my skin.

L'ESSENTIAL First Toner

  • Blue Calming Hydra Complex - smooth and moisturize the skin
  • LHA/iceberg water/TECA - remove dead skin cells and keep flawless skin (LHA 0.0001%)
  • The coolness of Glacier water - keep a clear skin (Glacier water 19,400ppm)
  • Niacinamide and Glutachione - the whitening toner that brightens your skin
  • Anti Sebum P evening primrose, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract,  Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana root Ext complex - helps you to smooth, bright skin

Review :

  • Watery texture.
  • Easily absorbs into skin.
  • Soothing and provides adequate hydration on my combination skin.
  • Same with the cleanser, it contains Eucalyptus Globulue Leaf Oil, hence the faint green, minty scent.

L'ESSENTIAL Double Serum Mini 15ml

  • Blue calming Duo Complex calms down sensitive skin to give you moisturized and bright skin.
  • Double-functioning serum with anti-wrinkle and whitening effects to keep your skin smooth and bright.

Review : 

  • Slightly viscous texture.
  • Claims to have anti-wrinkle and whitening effects on skin, though I did not experience any of that due to the short amount of time I'd used it, it did however leave my skin feeling smooth and hydrated.

L'ESSENTIAL Triple Cream 

  • Guaiazulene - soothes and hydrates skin 
  • Dual Crystal Glacial Water Capsule - hydrates skin
  • Calming Lotus, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Madecassoside - helps to calm irritated skin
  • Whitening effects

Review :

  • Despite the word cream, this is actually a gel-type moisturizer. 
  • It's lightweight texture suits my combination skin well and it gives adequate hydration to my skin.
  • It also works great in cooling and soothing my skin after a day out in the sun.
  • It contains Glacier Water Capsule which provides a burst of hydration to your skin.

Overall, these are great products to try out if you have combination-oily skin. My personal fave is the L'ESSENTIAL Triple Cream because I can easily layer this on during the day underneath my sunblock and makeup without making my skin feel greasy. These are also quite cooling on skin and they are quite comfortable to wear especially when the weather is hot and humid. L'ESSENTIAL Azulene Soothing Starter Kit can be bought online at Shopee, and I'm on my way to get a full sized bottle of the L'ESSENTIAL Triple Cream 😉


Comments

Popular Posts