Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Ruruberry Niacinamide & Cleanser Set

If you have ever wonder if there's any local skincare brand that offers quality skincare line that's on par with international skincare brands. Well let me introduce you to Ruruberry, a Malaysian skincare brand that I'd once mistaken as a Korean skincare brand 😆 Thanks to a giveaway collaboration between Picky and Ruruberry, today I'll be reviewing Ruruberry Niacinamide & Cleanser Set, which are two highly raved products from Ruruberry.

𝐑𝐮𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐞𝐥

A low pH (5.8±) hydrating gel cleanser that removes daily impurities, sunscreen and makeup while boosting skin moisture.

Packaging

  • Biodegrable, sustainable tube bottle packaging made from 80% sugarcan resin.

Texture 

  • Transparent, liquidy-gel texture

Scent 

  • Contains no artificial fragrance, hence the natural scent 

Review 

  • I love gel cleanser since it works better in removing dirt and grimes on my combination-oily skin. This one is no exception and it somehow reminds of BIODERMA Sensibio Gel Moussant, which works really well on oily skin. 
  • The gel cleanser doesn't lather much into foam, however it's quite effective in deep cleansing my skin.
  • It doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight.
  • Coco Betaine-free and essential oil-free. This doesn't seem to cause any skin irritation on my combination skin. 

𝐑𝐮𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟎% 𝐍𝐢𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐞 + 𝐙𝐢𝐧𝐜

A gentle, high-strength (pH 5.1±) serum that tackles post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, uneven complexion, skin congestion, excess oil, and blemish-causing bacteria with ease.

Packaging

  • 30ml glass dropper bottle

Texture 

  • Transparent, slightly thick and viscous texture

Scent 

  • Contains no artificial fragrance though it does have a mild sweet somewhat floral(?) scent

Review 

  • Though it's slightly thick and viscous, it feels quite lightweight on skin once the serum dries down. There is no tacky leftover residue and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy.
  • Niacinamide serums tends to have that slippery glide and can feel a little soapy on skin. However this serum absorbs fast into skin and I don't seem to encounter that problem even when I applied a little more generous than I used to.
  • It has a smooth, mattifying effect on my skin. My T-zone usually looks like an oil slick, however these days when I wake up it doesn't feel as oily as it used to feel.

These days, my skin is quite resilient and these products doesn't seem to aggravated my skin. In terms of hydration, it's quite adequate for my combination skin and it's done wonders on my skin. Overall these are quite good for combination-oily skin and the prices are affordable too!

Available at Ruru official shopee store at the following link :

https://shopee.com.my/ruruberry.os?smtt=0.0.9

Official Website :

https://www.ruruberry.com/shop/


Comments

Popular Posts