Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Face Republic Hydro Boost Solution Serum & Purity Sun Essence

I've been kindly gifted two products from Face Republic a few weeks back and these are products that are meant to suit my combination skin type. Face Republic is a well known skincare brand from Korea and I've been hearing rave reviews on their physical sunscreen. Chemical sunscreen has always been my choice so I was quite intrique to check out whether their sunscreen will change my personal thoughts on physical sunscreen.

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐇𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐨 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

Key Ingredient :

7 types of Hyaluronic Acids⁠

Benefits :

Deeply hydrates dry skin from inside out, giving an instant and long-lasting hydration. 

Packaging : 

40ml glass dropper bottle packaging

Scent : 

Fragrance-free

Texture : 

Light blue, slightly viscous texture

Price : 

RM59.90

This is very hydrating on skin and despite applying layers of it, it doesn't leave any filmy finish on my skin, perfect for my combi-oily skin. It's very lightweight and absorbs fast into skin. Overall I love the hydration factor of this serum, it made my skin looks dewy and plump, without any hint of greasiness.

The bottle itself is quite sturdy too, my cat deliberately kick it off from the table top and it doesn't break at all 😆

Rating : 5/5

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐏𝐅𝟓𝟎+ 𝐏𝐀++++

Clean and mild mineral filter sun essence that protects skin from UV rays with non-sticky, lightweight finish.

Packaging : 

50ml Plastic squeeze bottle 

Scent :

Fragrance-free 

Texture : 

Milky white, lotion-like texture

Price : 

RM54.90

Despite being a physical suncreen, this doesn't leave my skin with any obvious whitecast, it also doesn't feel thick and heavy on my skin. The milky, runny, lotion-like texture of it feels very lightweight on skin, and it blends easily on skin, leaving a dewy, smooth glowing finish which I really like. Re-applying it during the day also doesn't seem to cause any greasiness and piling. Overall this is perfect for my combi-oily skin and it definitely changed my opinions on physical sunscreen. Guess I'll wear more physical sunscreen from now onwards, plus they're more environmentally friendly and safe for coral reefs.

Rating : 5/5

Available at : 

 https://shopee.com.my/facerepublicmy.os


 




Comments

Popular Posts