Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Mary & May Niacinamide + Chaenomeles Sinensis Serum

I've always been curious about Mary & May, a korean skincare brand from Korea. Their packaging really caught my eyes, as their serum bottles look a lot like prescription medicines that you get from clinics or pharmacies. The white label on dark frosted glass bottle really looks a lot like my cough medicine at home, and quite frankly I don't mind my skincare looking like that 😁

There's a review event by Marshear and Mary & May and I was picked as one of the lucky reviewer. So I finally got the chance to try out one of their serum and get a closer look at the prescription bottle look-alike.

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 & 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐢𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐞 + 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

Key Ingredients :

  • Niacinamide and Chaenomeles Sinensis Extract - To brighten up dull and unbalanced skin.
  • 2% Niacinamide - To lighten skin by inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes and regulate sebum production for balanced skin.
  • 93% Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract that is rich in Vitamin C and Flavonoids - For smooth and radiant skin appearance.

Packaging : 

30ml brown frosted glass dropper

Scent : 

Fragrance-free

Texture : 

Yellowish, viscous texture

Price : 

RM34

The texture of this serum is quite viscous however it absorbs fast into skin, and doesn't feel greasy at all. However there's a slight tacky-ness if you applied too much of it. Hydration factor is adequate for my combination skin and it works well in controlling sebum production. 

The serum has a natural scent which strangely reminds me of the scent of eraser, which I don't really mind, lol. Overall this is great to even up skintone and for sebum control, the price is quite affordable too!

Rating : 4/5

Available at : 

https://shopee.com.my/marshearbeauty


Comments

Popular Posts