Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Nutriva Nutritional Yeast Powder (Engevita® Vegefit)

To be honest, I'm not a very health conscious kind of person, I enjoy the occasional junk food and greasy food, though I do try to eat in moderation and to never overindulge myself.  For me, home  cooked meals are definitely much more healthier, but only if you know what you're cooking, lol.

Prior to this, the idea of adding nutritional yeast to my food seems like a foreign idea, but now that I'd tried it, it seems like a fun thing to experiment it with different types of food.

Direction for use :
Take 1 (approx. 4 grams) or 2 teaspoons daily. Mix with your favourite beverages or add to soups, pasta, congees, stews, gravy, sauce and many other dishes to enhance their flavour

To me, Nutritional Yeast Powder (Engevita® Vegefit) has a familiar scent, it strangely smells like fish floss, which I love eating during my childhood, if you love fish floss, you're going to love this too. It came in powder form and doesn't have any distinctive taste.

The first dish that I'd tried is my vegetable spring rolls. I love making spring rolls, and my dad taught me this when I was a kid, so I could actually make this quite fast, and they're tasty,  if I do say so myself, lol. I add a tablespoon on the fillings mixture and stirred them up while cooking and add another few sprinkle on top once I'd deep fried them. This one is a success because it doesn't end up tasting weird 😂 It seems to blend well into the flavour of the fillings. Every crunchy bite you take will definitely give you the non distintive taste of the powdery sprinkles on top.


Next one is an egg sandwich. I admit I made a mistake on this one, I accidently sprinkled more than I should on the sandwich top, lol and it ended up tasting a little too powdery, not salty but powdery 😂 The egg mayo fillings matches well with the yeast flakes and I actually enjoy this one a lot, except for the top sandwich bread 😅


I love fried wings and these are sprinkled with the yeast flakes after waiting for them to cool down from the fryer. This is also a good match for the yeast flakes, as it turns out quite flavourful.


Being asian, I love eating rice, especially fried rice, lol. I added a few teaspoon while cooking and this one turned out quite tasty too.


I used to hate bitter gourd because they taste bitter and doesn't look appetizing to me. Now that I'm older, lol, I don't hate them as much. I added a few sprinkles while cooking the minch meat and bittergourd with oyster sauce and add another sprinkle once I'm done. This one taste good too!


Finally the last dish, my mom's chicken corn soup. She wouldn't let me add this while the soup was still simmering, thinking it'll make her soup taste weird, lol. So I ended up adding a few sprinkles of it and another few sprinkles of white pepper on my own portion, for my own eating😂 I'm glad she made that decision, because this taste a little weird, that powdery yeast flakes does not belong in a chicken soup, their taste seem to clash together and does not complement well with each other 😂


Personally I think it's a great way to make your daily meal more nutritious, especially if you find yourself lacking certain vitamins in your daily diet. This bottle of Nutritional Yeast Powder (Engevita® Vegefit) currently retails at RM40, if you're interested in this, do check out Nutriva online store.

Comments

  1. It is really important to eat healthy foods. This post can help us to have an ideas on what foods can give us nutrients and vitamins also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts