Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

SilkyGirl Gen Matte Lip Cream

SilkyGirl Gen Matte Lip Cream are specially formulated to provide extreme comfort on your pout while delivering generous moisture to keep lips supple.


Lightweight and highly pigmented, the formulations are definitely much better than the Matte Junkie lip creams, which can feel a little sticky and dry at times, especially if you re-apply a second layer.

There are a total of 10 lip cream shades from this collection, ranging from different shades of nudes to bold colours.


Here's the lip cream swatches. The colours look slightly the same on my arm as the colour guidelines, well except for shade no. 10 Cinnamon Kiss which looks slightly more brownish red on me and more purpley plum on the colour guide. To get a better look on the colours, let's try these on my lips 💋


01 Just Nude
I actually thought this would make me look pale, but it actually looks good, and doesn't make me look washed out.


02 Mauve Mallow
A deeper rose tone, this looks really nice too, especially if you have darker skin tones and into the MLBB lip shades.


03 Retro Pink
Pink has never been my colour, lol. This actually made me look kinda tired and washed out. It'll probably look better on fairer skin tones 😊


04 Crimson Love
I actually find wine red to be easier to wear, though I rarely wears them. I probably should wear more wine reds from now on, because this looks good on tan, medium skintones.


05 Hot Salsa
Bright orange hue that really brightens up your look. If you love Kpop style bright lip colour, this one's for you.


06 Pink Dream
Another pink shade that made me look washed out. It seems pink really hates me, lol. If you have lighter skintones than me, this however will look great on you.


07 Rose Latte
This actually looks nice on person, but not so much on camera. I probably need a heavier eye makeup to make this lip colour work.


08 Red Rebel
A deeper red shade which looks really great if you're trying to go for an elegant makeup look. I like this because I'm not really into heavy eye makeup, so I need bold colour lips to avoid looking pale 😂


09 Glam Rose
Finally a pink shade that doesn't hate me, lol. This is perfect for an everyday kinda look, not too bright, not too pale, overall just classy.


10 Cinnamon Kiss
The last shade and my favourite of them all. This is a deeper brick brown shade that I usually wear for my everyday makeup look. The best thing about wearing darker shade is you'll look polished and put together.


Long wearing and incredibly comfortable on lips, these gives a soft finish without accentuating the lines on my lips, it also doesn't cling on dry patches, which makes it perfect for those with dry lips. 

They are also much easier to remove compared to their previous Matte Lip Junkie Lip creams, though I do noticed matte lip junkies last much longer on lips.

SilkyGirl Gen Matte Lip Creams are available on Watsons, Guardians and SilkyGirl official online shops on Shopee and also Lazada. I'm not sure if they're selling the whole box as I got mine from a giveaway. If you're thinking of trying these, each shade currently retails at RM28.90, and can be slightly cheaper during sales 😊

Comments

Popular Posts