Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Alien by Mugler

Alien by Mugler was created by Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere. It was released in 2003 and it's one of the best smelling perfume by Mugler fashion house.


Top Notes 
Radiant Jasmine Sambac

Middle Notes 
Mysterious Cashmeran Wood

Base Notes 
Enveloping White Amber


A personal favourite of mine, Alien by Mugler is a jasmine bomb. A well blended scent of jasmine, woody notes and warm amber, there's a hint of smokey vibe to it that makes it dark and mysterious. The opening has a bit of minty scent to it, though it later dissipates into a warm white floral scent. Alien reminds me of the night blooming flowers which grows wildly behind the woods near my house, it smells rather rich and opulent, and can smell quite alien and outwardly for those who first took a whiff of it.

Alien is a balsamic scent that dries down to a warm ambery, woody scent. This has great staying power and cling to my skin for the whole day. A distintive scent that has a magical quality to it.

Comments

Popular Posts