Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Line

Living in a country where the weather is mostly sunny all year long does have it's perks, however it can wreck havoc on skin especially if you're constantly exposed to harsh uv sunrays. Besides diligently applying suncare products, it's best to have a skincare line that caters to your skin type. As for me, I am constantly battling with dull skin and pigmentations, so brightening products are the holy grail for my skin. 

Recently I was picked as one of the ambassador for Skin1004 and they had kindly send over their latest skincare line, the Tone Brightening set for me to try out. 

𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟒 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞

The set contains the Madagascar Centella Cleansing Gel Foam, Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Boosting Toner and Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Capsule Ampoule.

Key Ingredients :

  • MadeWhite™ (natural active ingredient extracted from Centella asiatica)
  • Madagascar Centella Asiatica Extract
  • Singreen Complex
  • Quenching Gel Formula 
  • Niacinamide
  • Tranexamic Acid

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐄𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐀𝐌

Packaging

125ml plastic tube packaging

Texture 

Transparent, thick viscous gel-like texture

Scent 

Contains no artificial fragrance, hence the natural scent 

Review 

  • Made with hypoallergenic ingredients, this doesn't seem to cause any skin irritation on my sensitive skin. It's a mild acid gel cleanser that lathers easily to fine bubbles and doesn't get too foamy, which suits me just fine. 
  • This is quite adequate in clearing out dirt and grimes on skin, though I still prefer doing double cleansing for removing makeup and sunscreen. 
  • No squeky tight skin experienced after using it. In fact, it's quite soothing on my sensitive skin which makes it perfect for daily use.
  • The brightening effect is quite minimal, which is to be expected from a cleanser, however it does leave my skin feeling fresh and smooth.

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑

Packaging

210ml plastic bottle packaging

Texture 

Watery

Scent 

Contains no artificial fragrance, hence the natural scent 


Review 

  • Made with hypoallergenic ingredients, this doesn't seem to cause any skin irritation on my sensitive skin.
  • Despite it's watery texture, this actually pack quite a punch in terms of hydration on my skin, probably because my skin feel quite moisturize these days and lightweight toner is all I need to give it a slight moisture boost.
  • It bear some similarity to 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟒 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 as they both contain natural exfoliant. The effect is quite mild though as it's meant to be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
  • I've poured a small portion of this toner into a small bottle and use it as a facial mist besides using it as a toner. It's watery texture is perfect for soothing my skin without that heavy feeling of stickyness, perfect for an extra layer of hydration.

Overall this is great for prepping skin before the next skincare step and since it's super lightweight in terms of texture, I could layer this on without any fear of suffocating my skin with too much skincare.

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐄

The prettiest ampoule in my skincare collection 😍 This contains miniscule white granules which can be seen floating inside the glass bottle. The granules contains MadeWhite™, a natural active ingredient extracted from Madagascar Centella asiatica.

Packaging

100ml glass dropper bottle 

Texture 

Transparent, liquidy, watery texture

Scent 

Contains no artificial fragrance, hence the natural scent 

Review 

  • Non-sticky and absorbed easily into skin
  • The miniscule white granules dissolves as you gently rub it into skin.
  • The hydration effect is adequate on my combination skin, perfect on my oily T-zone area as it sinks fast into my skin, mattifying and hydrating without making them look oily. 
  • Brightening effect is quite minimal as I've been spending a lot of time out in the sun, however it does prevents my skin from looking dull and tired.
  • Made with hypoallergenic ingredients, this doesn't seem to cause any skin irritation on my sensitive skin. 

I've encountered certain brightening products that contains formula that's a little harsh on my skin,  this however is quite gentle and doesn't seem to cause photosensitivity. Overall it's my fave out of the 3 products from the Tone Brightening Line. I rarely use ampoules in my skincare routine and this is light enough to use as a 'treatment' step before applying my moisturizer. 

I would recommend this to those who are looking for lightweight skincare, one that doesn't feel too heavy on skin, and fits perfectly on combination skin that leans more towards oily.

Skin1004 Tone Brightening Line are available at SKIN1004 Malaysia official shopee store. Links are as follow :

Shopee

https://shopee.com.my/skin1004.my?smtt=0.0.9

Instagram

https://instagram.com/skin1004malaysia

Official Website

https://m.en.skin1004korea.com/


Comments


  1. Thanks for discussing, great news. This type of news is really appreciative. I have great news. Your article is very informative, Visit Skin Brightening And Whitening. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts