Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

COSRX The Vitamin C 23 Serum

Cosrx recently released their latest Cosrx derm serums which includes The Niacinamide 15 Serum, The Vitamin C 24 Serum and The Hyaluronic Acid 3 Serum. There's a pre-launch event for their derm serums and I was luckily picked as one of their reviewers. Yay 🎉 Niacinamide has the best result for my skin so I picked The Niacinamide 15 as my preferred choice of serum. But sadly it was sold out before I could get to try it so I decided to try out The Vitamin C 23 instead.

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐑𝐗 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐂 𝟐𝟑 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 :

Highly concentrated serum that fades acne scars and brightens the complexion to revitalize dull and dry skin.

𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔:

  • 23% ascorbic acid - Fades acne scars and brightens complexion by blocking the synthesis of melanin caused by UV exposure
  • Tocotrienol - Super vitamin E, boasts up to 50 times greater antioxidizing effect than tocopherol, works in synergy with vitamin C to double up effectiveness
  • Sodium Hyaluronate - Strong moisture retention properties to maintain hydration
  • Allantoin - Soothes and relieves irritation

𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 : 

Smells like corned beef, lol

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 

Watery-oily consistency

𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 : 

20ml glass dropper bottle

𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 

USD25

RM78.80

𝑹𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 : 3.5/5 

This highly concentrated pure vitamin C formula is contained in a specialized bottle that allows it to expel gas whilst blocking the inward flow of oxygen. There's a small popping sound and a whiff of corned beef scent once opened, which kinda surprised me 😆

It has a double-layer structure with oil layer on top to maintain freshness and delay oxidation. It's meant to be stored in the fridge once open and it only has 2-month PAO. The texture of the serum feels very silky though it does leave a slight filmy, tacky finish before fully absorbed into skin.

When I first apply this to my skin, it leaves a mild stinging sensation on my cheeks, though it only lasted for a few seconds. So I avoid applying this on certain dry spots on my skin and only apply it at night. I also layer my toners for better hydration before using this. So far it hasn't caused me any breakouts though I still experienced the occasional stinging sensation. 

Vitamin C serums have always been a hit or miss with my skin. Sometimes my skin loves it, sometimes it doesn't. So I rarely use it continuously on a long term basis, however I still reach for it whenever my skin looks a little dull because Vitamin C is one of the ingredient for promoting healthy skin turnover. However if you're a beginner to Vitamin C, it's best to start with a lower concentration of Vitamin C before slowly building your way up.

COSRX The Vitamin C 23 Serum  is available at :

https://www.cosrx.com

https://shopee.com.my/cosrx.os


Comments

Popular Posts