Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Skintific Skincare

Formulated in Canada, Skintific is getting quite popular these days. Their skincare products which ranges from cleanser to sunscreen are all priced affordably, which definitely is a plus point, especially for the budget conscious. I've recently tried out a few of their products and overall I'm quite satisfied with the results. Here are some of the products that I've tried.


𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂 𝟓𝐱 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐥


𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 & 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 : 
  • 5 types of Ceramide : Deeply moisturize and strengthen the skin layer
  • Hyaluronic Acid : Helps replenish and hold cell moisture for plumper, hydrated skin
  • Centella Asiatica Extract : Helps soothe irritated skin and calm inflammed red skin
  • Marine Collagen : Helps to diminish early signs of ageing 

𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 :
Mild citrusy scent 

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 
White, gel-like texture 


𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 :
30g tub packaging 


𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 
RM49 

𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 :
I love gel moisturizer since it’s the best type of moisturizer for my combination skin type. This 5x Ceramide Barrier Repair Moisture Gel from Skintific does not dissapoints as it met all the criterias that I’m looking for in a moisturizer. It glides easily on skin and the watery, gel-like texture feels very comfortable on skin. It’s lightweight yet very hydrating and moisturizing on skin. It dries down to a semi-matte finish that doesn’t feel heavy nor greasy at all.  


There’s a faint citrusy scent which smells pleasing to my nose, however the scent does not linger for too long. Some areas on my face are prone to dryness and this helps a lot to keep those dry patches at bay. It definitely improves my skin barrier, giving me soft, supple skin without the added greasiness. 


Suitable for all skin types, this is a must try gel moisturizer and my personal favourite product from Skintific! 

𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂 𝟓𝐱 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐇 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫


𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 & 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 :
  • 5 kinds of Ceramides : Restore and maintain the protective barrier of the skin
  • Amino acid (Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate) : The softest and best quality anionic surfactant, which can improve foam quality and reduce irritation 
  • Niacinamide : Treats inflamed skin, controls oil secretion, makes skin brighter and fresher
  • Hyaluronic acid : Helps increase moisture and maintain the natural moisture of the skin
𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 :
Fragrance-free

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 
White, creamy texture


𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 :
80ml tube packaging 


𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 
RM35

𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 :
This low pH cleanser contains a lot of great ingredients for skin. It’s a cream type cleanser that gently cleanses away dirt and impurities without stripping off skin's natural oil. It lathers well and produces soft, tiny foams that feel very smooth on skin. 


I've been using this daily and it's great for removing sunscreen and light makeup as well. It doesn't feel drying on skin and I haven't experienced any feeling of skin tightness after each wash. My skin feels thoroughly clean and refreshed, smooth and moist without any irritation! 


Free from artificial colourant, EO, mineral oil, paraben, SLS and alcohol, this is a great cleanser for all skin types especially for those with sensitive skin. 


𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂 𝟐% 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐜𝐢𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐢 𝐀𝐜𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦


𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 & 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 :
  • 2% Salicylic Acid - Kill acne-causing bacteria and inhibits melanin production 
  • Centella Asiatica - Soothes inflammed skin and helps speed up acne healing process
  • 4% Niacinamide - Contains anti-inflammatory properties, helps brightens skin and controls excess oil 
  • Ceramide - Restore and creates the protective barrier to prevent moisture loss

𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 :
Fragrance-free

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 
Slightly viscous consistency


𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 :
20ml pump applicator bottle 


𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 
RM43

𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 :

My skin tends to get clogged easily so BHA serums are a staple in my skincare routine. Recently I’ve tried out this BHA serum from Skintific and so far I'm loving it! The texture is slightly viscous, not tacky and it sinks perfectly into my skin without leaving any greasy feeling. It does not contain any artificial fragrance and the serum has a natural, slightly green, leafy scent. It gives a matte finish with adequate hydration to my combination skin types.


I've noticed my large pores appear more refined and smoother after using this serum. Blackheads are a constant battle for me but I'm seeing less clogged pores these days. It also seems to help regulate oil production as my face appears less greasy whenever I'm using this serum, so I love using this for my day time skincare routine. I do get the occasional spots every now and then and this serum helps a lot to calm those angry looking pimples.


The pump applicator makes it easier to dispense the product and the size is perfect for travel, compact and sturdy. Overall a must try for acne-prone and combi-oily skin types!


𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂 𝟏𝟎% 𝐍𝐢𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦


𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 & 𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 :
  • 10% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) : Reduces dark spots and discolorations
  • Centella asiatica : Helps to soothe aggravated skin 
  • Alpha Arbutin : Paired with Centella asiatica, helps to brighten complexion from within
  • Ceramide : Restores and strengthens the skin barrier while maintaining skin moisture

𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 :
Contains fragrance

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 
Clear, runny consistency


𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 :
20ml pump applicator bottle 


𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 
RM45

𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 :
I love Niacinamide serum and this is another great addition to my skincare collection! It has a clear, runny texture and it feels very lightweight on skin. It dries down to a matte finish and doesn’t feel sticky at all. Niacinamide serum tends to work in controlling sebum production and this serum is no exception, my T-zone appears less oily and my pores look much more smoother. 


It’s been really hot these days and my skin has been constantly exposed to harsh sunrays, however this serum helps to even out my skin tone and brightens my complexion. Its been a staple in my daily skincare routine as my skin is prone to pigmentation and so far it’s been quite effective in keeping my skin from looking dull. It also gives adequate hydration to my skin, keeping it soft and supple. 


This serum contains fragrance and it has a mild, pleasant scent which smells so unique I can't describe it 😆 The pump applicator is a fave feature as well, it definitely makes it easier and faster to dispense product. Free from artificial colourant, EO, mineral oil, paraben, SLS and alcohol, this serum is suitable for all skin types, perfect for Niacinamide fans!


Available at Skintific Official Shopee Flagship Store :



Comments

Popular Posts