Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Britney Spears Fantasy & Midnight Fantasy Fragrance

Finally the Christmas season is here, so this month I'll be doing lots of review on things that would be perfect as Christmas gifts : )

I'm gonna start off this festive month with something that always reminds me of Christmas, which is Britney Spears range of perfumes, Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy.



I was mesmerized after seeing the perfume ad, Britney looks really pretty and magical in it and I love the catchy Fantasy ad tagline "Everybody has one". But I didn't immediately run to the nearest mall and get it, lolz.

I was doing my Christmas shopping at Suria Sabah when I saw Britney's perfumes at Metrojaya. After doing a few sniff test, I finally decided on getting Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy, lolz, it's Christmas I'm allowed to splurge once in a while.

Fantasy is the second perfume by Britney Spears. It falls into the gourmand category, which is my favourite kind of scent.

Top notes :  Lychee, Quince & Kiwi
Middle notes : Cupcake, Jasmine & White Chocolate Orchid
Base : Creamy Musk, Orris Root & Sensual Woods.

 
I really love this scent, it's like stepping inside a bakery that is filled with lots of sugary delights. The scent last for a long time, I only need a few spritz and it'll last till the evening without ever needing to re-apply. 

At initial spray, the scent comes off sweet and fruity, kinda like cotton candy with a splash of fruity flavour, then it slowly settled into a warm scent of vanilla cupcakes and white chocolates. By the evening, it turns a little woody on my skin ,which I really love, hehehe.


Midnight Fantasy is the fourth perfume by Britney Spears, targetted for a younger audience. It falls under the fruity category.

Top notes : Exotic Framboise, Black Cherry & Plum. 
Middle notes : Night Orchid, Freesia & Iris. 
Base : Amber, Musk & Vanilla


For me, Midnight Fantasy is more sensual and mature in comparison to Fantasy. When I first spray this, I was bombarded by the strong scent of Blueberries, which strangely is not listed in the notes, lol, so it's probably Black Cherry or Plum. Hmmmm.

This is a very strong scent with a great sillage. A few sprays will last till your next shower, lolz. This is a fruity, feminine, sensual scent that will definitely turns heads, so it's perfect for the night out.


I love both perfumes but personally I would prefer Fantasy for day time wear and Midnight Fantasy for night time wear. Both of these 50ml EDP are bought from Elizabeth Arden counter at Suria Sabah. But if you're interested in getting it online, be sure not to get con into buying replicas or imitations, those are usually sold at a lower price and most of them comes in 100ml bottle. There is definitely something wrong if the 100ml EDP is sold lower than the 50ml EDP counter price, (except when there's clearance sale of course) lolz.

So, if you're looking for sweet gourmand perfumes, do check out Britney Spears range of perfumes : )

Comments

Popular Posts