Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Chloé Love Story

I love buying beauty and fashion magazines, I usually buy different mags every month, depending on who's on the cover and the articles that was featured. This time, I managed to grab a copy of Female Malaysia which included a sample vial of Chloé Love Story EDP.

I was waiting for my large stuffed crust pizza for takeaway at Pizza Hut when I started to get a little bored, so I took out the magazine and quickly flip through it, then I saw this pretty familiar face on the perfume ad. Hmmmm.....Isn't that Fleur Delacour from the Harry Potter movies? Hehehe, being a big fan of Harry Potter, I was excited to see a familiar face on a perfume ad.


So that would be Clémence Poésy starring in the new ad of Chloé Love Story perfume. I wonder how it smells like? Anyone who knows me would know I'm a fragrance addict and I spend most of my $$$ in perfumes instead of makeup, since I have zero skills in applying makeup, so most of the time I rock the bare-faced look aka no makeup (not to be mistaken with Bobbi Brown's "NO MAKE UP" make up look), lolz.

Anyway, I tested it on a my wrist and immediately I fell in love with the scent, it was love at first sniff, lolz. It smells so good I immediately thought of buying it, but of course, this is a new perfume and new stuffs usually came 'later' in KK, so what did I do? I immediately went back to the book store and grab another copy of Female Malaysia magazine, typical me, hehehe.


According to my favourite go to perfume encyclopedia Fragrantica, Chloé Love Story is a new fragrance from the fashion house of Chloe, Love Story is inspired by Parisian romance and the love padlocks on the bridge of the Pont des Arts; the campaign itself and the bottle design make this reference. 

Top Notes : Neroli
Middle Notes : Orange blossom and Stephanotis (jasmine from Madagascar). 
Base : Musk & Cedar 


The 1st scent that I noticed when I first spritz this on is the Orange Blossom, most of the perfumes I love have an orangey scent on the opening, hehehe. After a while, all the florals notes becomes more noticeable. Chloé Love Story is a clean scent and it's a little different than the usual Chloé perfumes which are famous for it's powdery smell that reminds me of the scent of retro makeup.


Strangely after using this for a few times, I'm starting to have second thoughts on this, lolz. The 1st time I wear this was in an air conditioned Pizza Hut restaurant during lunch hour, when the weather outside was a little cloudy. The other time I wear this was at an air conditioned bank during a really hot day, I only spritz 2 sprays of this but it smells different than the first time, the floral notes seems a little overpowering. I wonder why?

I'm guessing this is probably more appropriate for evening wear, during a night out or for a romantic dinner, when the temperature is a little lower here in the island of Borneo, lolz. 

I noticed the dry down smells a little familiar on my skin, it smells a little like Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women, both perfumes have Neroli as top notes, so perhaps that's the reason why? Not a bad thing if you love Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women : )


If you're into clean, fresh perfume that exudes elegance and sophistication, this would be perfect for you. But if you're into the usual Chloé powdery floral soapy scent, then you'll probably prefer the previous Chloe perfume Chloe Love.

But for me I guess I'll stick to my usual signature perfume, which I'd been loyally using for a few years. I'll be posting that review soon : )

Comments

Popular Posts