Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Kérastase Densifique

A few months back, I'd won this travel size Densifique set from Kérastase Malaysia. I'd always love Kérastase products, especially their ads, which always reminds me of Brigitte Bardot's 60s hairstyle. I have a deep adoration for 60s fashion, so naturally I love having 60s inspired hairstyle.


Last year I'd suffered a massive hair shedding which lasted for 6 months, partly due to the fact I'd lose weight too fast and then contracted dengue fever, which thankfully is a mild case. Back then, I was super stressed seeing the amount of hair I lose daily, I dread combing my hair especially during shower, I once got a little OCD and ended up counting my hair that was scattered all over the floor, the figure totals up to around 350, I nearly got a heart attack, lolz.

The hair shedding stop suddenly after 6 months, by then, I'd already lose 1/3 of my hair. Others don't noticed it, as I have naturally wavy and thick hair, but I noticed, lolz. It's been almost a year and thankfully my hair had started to grow thick again,  thanks to my new healthier diet and of course new haircare routine.

From Kerastase Official Website, the Kérastase Densifique Bain Densité (Bodifying shampoo) is a custom-designed cleanser for fiber that is losing density. Awakens dormant bulbs and supplies substance and tone. The hair is suppler, more resistant and denser.


I wash my hair 3-4 times a week, I tried not to overwash them as I have dry hair ends, due to the fact I can't stop dyeing them, lolz. The texture of this shampoo is quite light and liquidy, but it lathers quite well and I only need a small size of it. The first thing I noticed after twisting open the lid of the shampoo is the scent. Oh I love the smell of this, it smells so good, definitely not your typical floral fruity cherry blossom variety kind of scent, it smells a little like perfume, creamy-soapy perfume. This leaves my hair feeling clean, soft and smooth.


Kérastase Densifique Masque Densité, the delicate texture of this mask enables an immediate hair transformation as soon as it is applied by supplying smoothness and lightness to hair that is lacking density. The hair is regenerated from roots to ends.


When it comes to hair mask, I have problems choosing the perfect one for my hair as I have dry hair ends with oily scalp, hair mask that promises deep conditioning always end up making my scalp itchy and oily, so I always opt for lighter texture hair mask. I was glad when I open the lid of this mask and noticed how light the texture is, it's gel like and orange in colour, but most important of all it's not too creamy and definitely not oily. I left this on my hair for around 5 minutes before I rinse it off. Washing this off is quite easy as it doesn't left any oily silicone feel on my hair.


Overall I love these new range from Kérastase. It's light-weight and works in keeping my hair supple, healthier and definitely more voluminous. My hair shedding had stopped long before I started using this so I can't testify to that, but one thing that I do noticed is how these stop my hair from being itchy all the time. One thing I noticed during my hair shedding period is how itchy my hair was all the time, so if you're having itchy scalp along with hair shedding, these might be the perfect hair range for you.

Comments

Popular Posts