Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Abib Tone Up Sunstick Silky Bar & Abib Heartleaf Sun Essence Calming Drop

My long awaited package from Abib which contains the latest release from their sun care collection, Abib Tone Up Sunstick Silky Bar & Abib Heartleaf Sun Essence Calming Drop has finally arrived. I rarely post reviews on suncare products as I'm not very adventurous when it comes to sunblock and mostly stick to the ones that I'm familiar with as certain ingredients on them seems to cause reactions on my skin. However since both of these are marketed as hypoallergenic, I guess now would be the perfect time to try out new products. So today let's talk about Abib Suncare Block Kit.

It's been a while since I used sunstick, as the one that I'd previously used felt a little too heavy on my skin and made my skin greasy just a few hours after using it. With that, I'm quite intrigue on how Abib Tone Up Sunstick Silky Bar will work on my skin.

Abib Tone-up Sunstick Silky Bar SPF 50+ PA++++

This fragrance-free sunstick has a smooth and silky texture. It glides on easily on skin and gives a natural tone-up effect. It doesn't look chalky and it doesn't leave an obvious white cast. It also doesn't made my tan skin look ashy and grayish, which sometimes happens with tone up products. However I do need to rub the sunstick slowly on my face with my fingers afterwards for better blending. Best of all it doesn't transfer on mask, so I won't have to worry about accidently rubbing it all off to my face mask. With SPF 50+PA++++, it's perfect as a daily sun care against harsh UV rays. 

It also works great as a primer and I can easily skip my usual primer before applying makeup. This sunstick contains Aquaxil and hyaluronic acid which gives sufficient hydration to my combination skin. It doesn't dry out my skin nor does it makes my skin feel greasy afterwards. The sturdy packaging makes it travel friendly and you won't need to worry about spillage in your bag, a great option for those who are always on the go. It's hypoallergenic too and it did not cause any reactions on my skin.

Ingredients :

Polyethylene, Homosalate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dibutyl Adipate, Caprylyl Methicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octocrylene, Ceresin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ozokerite, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Synthetic Wax, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Octyldodecanol, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Tocopherol, Water (Aqua), Xylitylglucoside, Bht, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)


Abib Heartleaf Sun Essence Calming Drop SPF 50+PA++++

A combination of essence and suncare, this product is fortified with heartleaf extract, which not only calms your skin but also provides sun protection. I love it's glass dropper bottle and  the milky-white essence absorbs fast  into my skin. It's fragrance-less and has a light texture that gives my skin a smoother looking finish. 

Even though it doesn't dry out into a matte finish, it doesn't feel greasy at all and my skin stays hydrated long after wearing it. Usually I don't skip my usual serum or essence before applying sunblock, but I did tried skipping them for a few days and only applied my hydrating toner before applying this on. Well it seems the hydrating effect is quite sufficient as my skin doesn't feel too dry and I did not noticed any dry flacks. 

Ingredients :

Water, Dibutyl Adipate, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Phenethyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polysilicone-15, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Hexyl Laurate, Niacinamide, Polyglyceryl-6 Stearate, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Aspergillus Ferment, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Seed Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Panthenol, Decyl Glucoside, Hydroxyacetophenone, Tromethamine, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Polyglyceryl-6 Behenate, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Adenosine, Glycerin, Sodium Phytate, Maltodextrin, Lipase, Protease, C20-22 Alcohols, Xanthan Gum

I love both products and they seem to match well with my combination-oily skin type. Since I rarely go out these days, I prefer using Abib Heartleaf Sun Essence Calming Drop as it feels quite soothing on skin and I'm not in need of extra tone up to my skin. 

If you're interested in trying any of these, they can be bought online from the following Abib official stores :

Shopee 

https://shopee.com.my/abib.os?smtt=0.0.9

Lazada

https://s.lazada.com.my/s.2rC2Q



Comments

Popular Posts