Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

The Bards Of Bone Plain by Patricia A.Mckillip

The first book that I'd read from Patricia A.Mckillip is Ombria In Shadow and since then I've been a big fan of her fantasy works. However her books are rare here and a little bit harder to find. Thankfully I'm able to get her books from online bookstores. 

The Bards Of Bone Plain was first published in 2010 and the front cover art was done by Kinuko Y. Craft, a fantasy artist who are largely inspired by the works of Leonardo da Vinci, the Pre-Raphaelites, and Symbolist painters. I've seen some of her front cover art for Patricia A.Mckillip works and they are all beautifully illustrated and definitely fits the fantasy world genre.

Now this book has a nice plot twist and two stories that intertwine. The first is set in the current steampunk world where Phelan Cle is a scholar who chooses Bone Plain for his final paper, thinking it would be an easy topic. As he researched more on Bone Plain three trials, three treasures, and three terrors, he discovers more about Nairn, the Wandering Bard, the Unforgiven. He soon finds out his discoveries are deeply connected to Princess Beatrice's own discoveries in an underground archeological digs, who works alongside his archaeologist father, Jonah Cle.

The second story told of the distant past, the story of the enigmatic, cursed bard, the Unforgiven, Nairn who failed to meet the 3 challenges of The Circle Of Days. He disappeared without a trace, a bard that's cursed to live forever, without his musical talents.

The Bards Of Bone Plain has a wonderful interweaving of past and present. The story is beautifully written and will leave you spellbound in a world of bards, music and poetry.

Comments

Popular Posts