Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Picky x TIAM Snail & Azulene Water Essence

Picky is a new beauty app that helps you discover more about your skin and the wide range of beauty products available now on the market. As a skincare enthusiast, it's a fun place to discover new products and to engage in discussion concerning skincare. Best of all, there's always special giveaways as they often collaborate with beauty brands and all users may participate in them, but first you'll need to acquire certain points in order to join them. Points are given whenever you leave a review and luckily for me, I was picked to do a review on TIAM Snail & Azulene Water Essence. Super excited as this is the first product that I have tried from the Korean brand, TIAM.

Description :

Formulated with 87% snail secretion filtrate and azulene extracted from chamomile to soothe irritated skin and leave it moisturized.

  • Prevents moisture loss and restores skin balance.
  • Alcohol-free.

Key Ingredients :
  • With betaine, allantoin, panthenol on top of snail mucin and azulene, this essence is a hydration hero.

When it comes to dry skin, products with snail secretion is probably one of the best in terms of moisturizing. However not everyone is a fan, especially if you feel a little icky with the thought of slathering products with snail slime on your face. Now this doesn't smell weird at all, it has a mild floral scent which I think might be from the Chamomilla Recutita Flower Oil. It has slightly thick and viscous texture, which reminds me a lot of Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion. One layer is all I need for my combination-oily face though I could probably go with two layers if I'm skipping serum.


For days where my skin feels a little too tight and dehydrated, I'll soak up my cotton pads with this and leave them on my face as it also works great as a hydrating mask. So far this hasn't cause any breakouts on my skin, and it seems to work in soothing and moisturizing my combination skin. 

If you're in need of a hydrating lotion, this 180ml bottle is a great option, as the price is quite affordable and it's great on skin!

Comments

Popular Posts