Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Koh Gen Do MAIFANSHI Aqua Foundation

Today's product is courtesy from Myeppo Digital, I'd recently won one of their instagram giveaway and was gifted a bottle of Koh Gen Do MAIFANSHI Aqua Foundation. Apparently there are 10 available shades, ranging from cool, warm to neutral warm skin undertones. The shade that was offered from the giveaway is 143, a warm olive shade that I thought won't really quite match my skintone, but guess what? The Aqua Foundation perfectly matches my tan, asian skintone. Strangely weird as I tend to get problems getting the correct foundation shade for my skintone even when getting them in stores 😬

Description :

The coveted Aqua Foundation, known for giving skin the same youthful glow you experience right after a facial, is redesigned for increased coverage, radiance, hydration and longevity. Formulated with our signature Gloss Film Powder, the light-diffusing minerals brighten and minimize pores, while resisting sweat and oiliness. This breathable serum foundation contains weightless skin-conditioning emollients that improve the hydration and health of skin for a flawless and comfortable complexion all day.

Benefits & features :

  • Nourishes skin with minerals from the deep waters of Bretagne, France
  • Four types of powders create buildable coverage and prevent cakiness
  • A newly added Moist Drop Powder helps hydrate the skin by absorbing humidity into the skin
  • Contains T3 Oil—our signature blend of jojoba oil, olive squalane and shea butter—to leave skin soft and supple
  • For all skin types
  • Sheer to medium buildable coverage
  • Natural, dewy finish
  • Not Tested on Animals
  • Formulated without Artificial Colors, Synthetic Fragrance, Mineral Oil derived from Petroleum, Paraben

The aqua foundation comes in a minimalist, sleek looking, glass bottle packaging with a pump applicator. 

After applying skincare, it's best to prep skin with a good makeup base before applying foundation. I still have my sample of Koh Gen Do Makeup Color Base, so I used that to create a smooth canvas. I then apply the Aqua Foundation with a foundation brush, starting out sheer and slowly building up the layers. I then finished it off with a light dusting of Koh Gen Do MAIFANSHI face powder.


Now this really matches my skintone and it fits like a second skin. It gives me dewy looking, smooth, natural finish that doesn't look cakey at all. I have combination-oily skin and some foundation does tend to slide off after a few hours, as it doesn't adhere too well on my combination-oily skin. However this foundation last quite a while, it doesn't sink into fine lines and ends up looking blotchy. 


I have always prefer a light to medium coverage foundation, since I love a more natural looking makeup look. However I do find this to be quite suitable for special occasions too, as it's quite long lasting and will give you naturally beautiful, glowing skin.






Comments

Popular Posts