Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Alive:lab Cotton Candy Ball

I love cute, colourful packaging and Alive:lab has a bunch of cutesy, colourful packaging in their skincare line, from serums to exfoliator, everything looks quite eye-catching in terms of design and colours. As expected from a korean skincare brand, they also incorporates a lot of natural ingredients in their skincare line. I was kindly asked to pick a product in exchange for a review and since I'm constantly battling blackheads and clogged pores I decided to try out their Cotton Candy Ball exfoliator.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄:𝐋𝐀𝐁 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕𝒔 :

Clears blackheads and exfoliates dead skin cells.

𝑲𝒆𝒚 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔:

  • Glycolic acid - Remove dead skin cells
  • Salicylic acid - Dissolves skin debris that clogs pores
  • Luffa aegyptiaca fruit extract - To soothe skin

𝑺𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 :

Contains fragrance, has a mild refreshing scent

𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 : 

Ball-type exfoliating pad made with 100% cotton

𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 : 

50ml plastic jar that came with a tweezer

𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆 : 

RM65

𝑹𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 : 4/5 

These cute looking cotton balls are drenched with  pure AHA solution and they are definitely stronger than my usual exfoliating toner. The texture of my skin, especially on my nose and chin areas where there's a lot of clogged pores look much more smoother after using it. I only use them 3 times a week, any more than that I'll run the risk of over-exfoliating my skin as it does cause a slight burning sensation when I use it too frequently. 

This is great for clearing out clogged pores and build-up sebum, making my skin feel much more smoother, however it doesn't seem to work much on stubborn blackheads on it's own, though it does makes it easier to pull off blackheads with pore strips after using it. Overall it's a decent exfoliator and I love the overall packaging. If you don't mind fragrance in skincare, this is definiely worth a try!

Available at https://shopee.com.my/alivelab.my



Comments

Popular Posts