Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

OFBASE Centella 101 Toner & Ampoule

Centella Asiatica, popularly known as Cica is a green, herbal leaf that's famous in asia as a medicinal plant. It's been used for centuries in treating wounds and burns. Korean skincare has been incorporating this ingredients in skincare as it has soothing, healing properties that's gentle even on sensitive skin. The latest korean skincare brand that offers Cica-based skincare line is OFBASE, and thanks to Picky, I'll be reviewing their Centella 101 Toner & Ampoule.

𝐎𝐅𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝟏𝟎𝟏 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫

Key Ingredients :

  • Centella Asiatica Extract (91.3%) : For calming sensitive skin and strengthening skin barrier
  • PHA fruit acid : To remove dead skin cell
  • Hyaluronic acid :  Helps skin to maintain moisture
  • Adenosine & Niacinamide : For skin brightening and anti-wrinkle effects

Packaging :

210ml plastic bottle with nozzle opening

Scent :

Fragrance-free

Texture :

Transparent, watery texture.

Lightweight, absorb fast into skin without any sticky-ness.

Review : 

This is very soothing on skin, quite hydrating too despite it's watery texture. I prefer lighter, watery toner during the day and this is perfect for me as it absorbs fast into skin. Besides soothing and hydrating the skin, it doesn't seem to have any other noticeable effects, however Centella Asiatica/Cica remains one of my favourite ingredient in skincare as it's a sensitive skin friendly ingredient that doesn't seem to cause any reactions on my skin.

Rating : 4.5/5

𝐎𝐅𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝟏𝟎𝟏 𝐀𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐞

Key Ingredients : 

  • Centella Asiatica Extract (91.3%) : For calming sensitive skin and strengthening skin barrier
  • Sodium Hyaluronate : Replenishes the skin, hydrates skin without clogging pores

Packaging :

100ml glass dropper bottle

Scent : 

Fragrance-free

Texture :

Transparent, slightly watery texture 

This is a very lightweight ampoule, one that you can layer on without making your skin feel sticky nor heavy, perfect for me who have combination-oily skin. It's quite soothing and hydrating, and those with sensitive skin will definitely love this as it's very gentle on skin. I rarely suffers from skin redness and inflammation, so this doesn't give an obvious effect on my resilient skin, however it's great as a basic daily skincare, as it gives adequate hydration without triggering any skin breakouts. This ampoule is quite similar with Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Ampoule. I like both and they have the same results on my skin, so in the future I'll definitely pick the cheaper one between these two 😆

Rating : 4.5/5

OFBASE is available at https://shopee.com.my/ofbase58.my?smtt=0.0.9


Comments

Popular Posts